• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Proper Mary Poppins weather....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proper Mary Poppins weather....

Are you affected by strong winds - oooh err missus?

My commute over the Pennines was downright dangerous - the road should really be closed off. I was down to around 50, and even so was shunted by the wind into the next lane. Saw vans facing the wrong direction - absolute carnage.

Smug work from homers - time to revel in the misery of us long distance commuters.......

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

My commute over the Pennines was downright dangerous - the road should really be closed off. I was down to around 50, and even so was shunted by the wind into the next lane. Saw vans facing the wrong direction - absolute carnage.

Smug work from homers - time to revel in the misery of us long distance commuters.......
    Wilmslow to West Yorkshire is not a long distance commute.

Comment

There were a couple of gusts of wind so strong last night that the sound of the windows being tested at their hinges woke me and I closed them.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
        Wilmslow to West Yorkshire is not a long distance commute.
        It is to me

Comment

My commute over the Pennines was downright dangerous - the road should really be closed off. I was down to around 50, and even so was shunted by the wind into the next lane.
          Learn to drive in those conditions, or get off the road if you can't handle it.
          Saw vans facing the wrong direction - absolute carnage.
          They were going the other way...
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

[QUOTE=Wilmslow;1227938]
            QUOTE]

Crossing the pennines can be a bit dangerous at this time of the year. The best advice I had was to drive with your windows fully open, to allow the wind to blow through, and to switch your lights off to conserve energy. Also carry a flask of nourishing cabbage barley and sausage soup. If its hot - even better

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Oooh, it's blowing out there again. Just had some gusts come from nowhere that launched some dustbins down the street.

Update 2 minutes later: Wind gone again now.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                Oooh, it's blowing out there again. Just had some gusts come from nowhere that launched some dustbins down the street.
                I quite like it when it's like that, apart from on recycling day where you end up with a million empty tins and juice cartons blowing around.
                I was quite impressed though, the recycling guys picked it up, rather than just emptying the bags/boxes.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

The grim north yesterday.

Brrrrrr. Brrring on the globallllll waarrmminggggggg.

Comment

I enjoy driving in extreme weather conditions. With the heavy gusts of winds I must say that the Citroen on-board suspension management prevented the car from buffeting and lurching in the wind.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X