• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have you ever seen a McDs close down?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Well if an Irish Bar isn't a big old franchise I don't know what is, they're all over the bloody place. At the Channel you'll see these Irish juggernauts and half of them are full of Irish knik-knaks to use in the places, and most of them are crap and expensive...
    ...and avoided by Irish people.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I don't know where the idea has come from that the French hate McDonalds. It seems the polar opposite to me whenever I am there.

In an aside, I backpacked round Morocco for a month a few years ago and was very glad to see a McDonalds in Rabat rather than the usual fly infested rice and salad and charred lamb ribs.

Granted, some of the food in Morocco was quite nice - but nobody really eats what you see in all these crappy expensive cook books.
      Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Svalbaard View Post
        I don't know where the idea has come from that the French hate McDonalds. It seems the polar opposite to me whenever I am there.

In an aside, I backpacked round Morocco for a month a few years ago and was very glad to see a McDonalds in Rabat rather than the usual fly infested rice and salad and charred lamb ribs.

Granted, some of the food in Morocco was quite nice - but nobody really eats what you see in all these crappy expensive cook books.
        Ah because McDonalds do fries rather than rice?

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
          Must be a fairly rare event
          I seen a peanut stand
          Heard a rubber band
          I seen a needle that winked its eye

Comment

Originally posted by BdP View Post
            I seen a peanut stand
            Heard a rubber band
            I seen a needle that winked its eye
            And I've seen a Swiss Roll
            And made a Venetian Blind
            I wrote a French Letter
            But never had a Camel Toe
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Svalbaard View Post

I trekked around Morocco years ago and found all the market stall food great, never needed to find any maccy d style food. I may have had one too many tagines though
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Ah yes, and you should see the Dutch FEBO; Homepage

These are places which put the fast 'food' in little heated compartments and the customers put a coin in a slot to release said 'food'. The kebab/frikadel/kroket thingy may have festered in the heated compartment for some hours at a temperature optimized for bacterial growth before consumption. Very popular among Dutch people, I have yet to meet another foreigner who would even consider placing said sample in his mouth.
                I like FEBO - I often used to go there when I was in Amsterdam with my Dutch ex. I think she was quite surprised that I took to the place so much, although I generally went for the fried chicken and fries. Mind you, a couple of kroketen make a good mid-evening snack

Comment

I never heard of Tagines until they were on both Jamie's and Gordon's cooking shows on C4 about a week apart (maybe they were trying to save budget and made them share hotel rooms).
                  They look awesome, sort of like exotic hot-pot. Mmm, I miss hot-pot. With whole chops.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                  X