• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Mac Trackpad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mac Trackpad

I got one of those Trackpad's for me iMac the other day. It's not cheap at £60. I've been using it alongside my mightymouse.

After a few days getting used to the gestures I'm really liking it. Feels like something an evil bond villain should have. I move around my 4 spaces, switch to the dashboard and browse all open applications with considerable ease.

I would not say you need to rush out and get one but using it with a 24" screen is awesome.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

I quite like the idea. I wonder how it is on batteries.

My Magic Mouse just eats batteries. Had to get two sets of rechargeable AAs.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
      I quite like the idea. I wonder how it is on batteries.

My Magic Mouse just eats batteries. Had to get two sets of rechargeable AAs.

The guy in the shop said it would be good for a year. The whole pad is almost covers the full scope/reach of my fingers.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        It's not cheap at £60.
        Ain't you the guy who keeps blabbering on how great your rate is (£xxxx?), how great it is to be paid in euros blah blah blah and yet you say that some thing that costs less than half an hour of your time is "not cheap"?

Comment

The guy in the shop said it would be good for a year. The whole pad is almost covers the full scope/reach of my fingers.
          Can you change the battery yourself?
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
            Yes. Another brand-new innovation by Apple.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Ain't you the guy who keeps blabbering on how great your rate is (£xxxx?), how great it is to be paid in euros blah blah blah and yet you say that some thing that costs less than half an hour of your time is "not cheap"?
              Yes. I bought 2 of them. One for my mother one for me. A full hour's wages

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                I don't know how, but it looks pretty.

Comment

Yes. I bought 2 of them. One for my mother one for me. A full hour's wages
                  You've got +2 resistance to wind-ups, very useful on here

Comment

I've just been on the apple site speccing our new machine.

Expensive <---- Don't tell CM...

Comment

Working...
                    X