• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Small Heart Attack: Monday Links Will Be Delayed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    No! For the love of God, No! Evening telly is bad enough, but daytime telly is aimed at the unemployed and unemployable. It will sap your will to live (and may even delay your recovery).

Veg out by all means but with a book, some music, a laptop, or a DVD boxed set, but NEVER with daytime telly.
    There's a difference between "DayTime TV" and watching TV during the day, if you've got extra channels. Loads of educational content for Nick to stuff his brain with and regurgitate here in future
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Sorry to hear that Nick. Glad to see you're on the mend.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post

I am relieved to hear that you are going to be OK.
        Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Sorry to hear that Nick. Glad to see you're on the mend.
        Thanks chaps

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        Loads of educational content for Nick to stuff his brain with and regurgitate here in future
        If I want a screenful of educational content, I can just read General

Comment

that was a close one eh fitzy? time to take the wrapper of those choice dvd's and settle down for rest and recuperation. how long before you are allowed out to work and play?

did they put the blockage in jar?

have a bunch:

Comment

Years ago I had felt similar feelings although very mild. It was at that point I drew the line enough is enough. Throughout my twenties my body never knew what a gym was now in my thirties the picture is very different.

Make a swift recovery Nick
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

For Heaven's sake, this is as bad as working in the public sector.

Me: "Where this week's Monday links?"

Public sector 'employee': "What links?"

Me: "FFS. We agreed you would have the links ready for Monday morning."

Public sector 'employee': "Err. The dog ate them."

Me: "You said that last week."

Public sector 'employee': "Oh. Err, Granny had a heart attack."

Me: "You've buried three grannies already. And five grandads."

Public sector 'employee': "Oh, err, no not granny, me."

Me: "What? You ate the links?"

Public sector 'employee': "No, had a heart attack. I had a heart attack, that was it."

Me: "What? You buried you? You couldn't do the links because you buried you?"

Public sector 'employee': "No, I had heart attack. I've been off sick. With a heart attack."

Me: "Riiiiiiight. A heart attack. Self-certificated too, I take it. Hmm. Thought so. So you couldn't post one little message - which is all that was required of you in an entire week - because you 'had a heart attack'? Just half a dozen links, copy 'n' paste 'n' post, but you couldn't do it, because of 'a heart attack'."

NF, are you quite sure it was a heart attack, and not just an infarction from realityhack?

My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
              X