• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why in the UK?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why in the UK?

Well wasn't yesterday fun?!

I had been in Europe for a few days with the family visiting extended family and some friends. Monday night we stayed in Northern Germany in a little town not far from Aachen. We set off from there at around 11:30am local time and covered nearly 300miles to the channel tunnel. We arrived in the UK at 7pm local time

Imagine my "delight" when we neared Swanley and the M20 ground to a halt. We sat for 2 hours inching forward. We finally made the M25 and then inched forward again. Idiots driving by too fast! We came to the Dartford crossing and they were still letting vehicles cross. We arrived home in Bedfordshire at just after midnight.

How come I the first part of our drive was under the same weather conditions and we progressed OK, get to the UK and things go belly up and chaos ensues?!!!

When will we learn in this country?!

The UK can't cope with weather lower than 2c or hotter than 25c.

Plus leaves, strong winds, lots of rain, large hail stones...........................

To be fair due to the weather being unpredictable least it enables you to start a conversation with complete strangers. I remember someone foreign saying to me "Now I understand why you British always talk about the weather".
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang View Post
      Well wasn't yesterday fun?!

I had been in Europe for a few days with the family visiting extended family and some friends. Monday night we stayed in Northern Germany in a little town not far from Aachen. We set off from there at around 11:30am local time and covered nearly 300miles to the channel tunnel. We arrived in the UK at 7pm local time

Imagine my "delight" when we neared Swanley and the M20 ground to a halt. We sat for 2 hours inching forward. We finally made the M25 and then inched forward again. Idiots driving by too fast! We came to the Dartford crossing and they were still letting vehicles cross. We arrived home in Bedfordshire at just after midnight.

How come I the first part of our drive was under the same weather conditions and we progressed OK, get to the UK and things go belly up and chaos ensues?!!!

When will we learn in this country?!
      I think you will find that the Germans cannot cope when travelling to Moscow in winter
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

We are a laughing stock globally, and referred to by the Aussies as "whinging poms".
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          Aussies
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
          X