• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car options.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car options.....

Not feeling good about drivin a crash repaired car - the rear end has been crumpled, so fairly major surgery. Pretty unhappy as I have owned the car from new.

Worth around £5K if I want to get shot of it.

Seriously thinking about leasing, but hard to get a decent deal as I do around 35K.

Anyone heard, good or bad about EFL leasing?

They are currently doing a brand new 207 diesel with pretty impressive economy for £199 per month over 3 years. Will be worth nothing at the end of this contract, but would be a cheap buy it option for me.

Thoughts?

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Not feeling good about drivin a crash repaired car - the rear end has been crumpled, so fairly major surgery. Pretty unhappy as I have owned the car from new.

Worth around £5K if I want to get shot of it.

Seriously thinking about leasing, but hard to get a decent deal as I do around 35K.

Anyone heard, good or bad about EFL leasing?

They are currently doing a brand new 207 diesel with pretty impressive economy for £199 per month over 3 years. Will be worth nothing at the end of this contract, but would be a cheap buy it option for me.

Thoughts?
    Buy a pre-owned E-class Merc Diesel(6 Cylinder cdi) for around £15k with full MBSH.

That should be brilliant for the kind of mileage you do.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
      Buy a pre-owned E-class Merc Diesel(6 Cylinder cdi) for around £15k with full MBSH.

That should be brilliant for the kind of mileage you do.
      I am a permie - £15K is a lot of money, hence leaning towards the leasing route.....

Comment

I am a permie - £15K is a lot of money, hence leaning towards the leasing route.....
        A permie that does 35K???
        Ask for a Company Car and stop d1cking about man!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          A permie that does 35K???
          Ask for a Company Car and stop d1cking about man!!

I wish I could - only team managers get that, which I would not want to be as I like doing my hours and having a life.

Pays well above the average for my skillset as permie work goes, and easy motorway ride with nice start and end early hours, so the £15 a day fuel cost is not such a bad deal.

Only real hassle is keeping on top of a reliable set of wheels.

Comment

Look out for a lowish miles Audi 80. A quattro estate if you can find one.
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Morris Minor - can be had for £2500 for a decent one. Or a '80s diesel Merc..but one of those could set you back probably £8K or more.

Sorry don't know anything about modern cars.
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Wilmsloooooooooooooooooooooooooow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

you spend £15 a day on diesel,

thats... £300 a month on fuel to get to work

on top of that you want to spend £200 a month leasing a car (well actually it's not a car it's a pug 207 !!!!) for getting to work

which means you are spending £500 a month just to get to work as a permie !!!

ist das normal ?

Milan.

Comment

got it Dad

Milan.

Comment

So buy a Benz that's a couple of years older; MB diesels should easily manage 500k miles, some have done more than a million. They seem expensive, but in the long run they're cheap. German and Dutch taxi drivers have good reasons for buying them.
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X