• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

300mph Chinese train breaks record

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not a question of fairness, it's a question of efficient resource allocation. Whether it's old school communist regimes or modern capitalist Britain, people aren't very good at running their own societies because the whomever you put in charge and however you put them there they cannot be trusted, or aren't capable, of doing what is best for everyone. People are corrupt and fallible, even the best of them.

Of course in a proper communist society we would all be on "welfare" and there would be no "jobs" but everyone would have everything they needed. More of a utopia really.

It'll probably start with a botnet that redistributes the money in all of the worlds bank accounts as it sees fit.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
      We're going to have Crossrail soon. Since only London matters that's all we need ?
      We already have this on South West Trains. In fact very cross rail.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        It is astounding that they shoot a person a day for speaking out against their government, it is astounding that you have taken what I said and assume that only the shot speak out against the government.

Communism is a disease.

If I had said that in China I would be placed in prison.
        That's a big unqualified statement. It is only if you incite other people to believe what you do and try and cause an uprising would you get put in prison, you can say what you like otherwise. Going by your figures of a person a day being executed what percentage is 365 of 1.3 billion. It has to be extremely serious for execution such as repeat offending. I live part-time in China, fulltime from next year and in all seriousness I experience more freedom in China than I do the UK. With all UK's political correctness etc do you really have free speech?, a Human Rights Act that releases criminals to commit crime again do you really feel safe?

Comment

Originally posted by configman View Post
          That's a big unqualified statement. It is only if you incite other people to believe what you do and try and cause an uprising would you get put in prison, you can say what you like otherwise. Going by your figures of a person a day being executed what percentage is 365 of 1.3 billion. It has to be extremely serious for execution such as repeat offending. I live part-time in China, fulltime from next year and in all seriousness I experience more freedom in China than I do the UK. With all UK's political correctness etc do you really have free speech?, a Human Rights Act that releases criminals to commit crime again do you really feel safe?
          Now that's how people can be happy when a chinese komrad with a gun is behind them when they are speaking "on tape"

Comment

Working...
          X