• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mystery trader captures 80pc of London's copper market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mystery trader captures 80pc of London's copper market

The unknown buyer has been building up the dominant position since at least last week, putting a squeeze on the market.

According to the rules of the London Metal Exchange, the trader must lend out copper if it holds between 50pc and 80pc of the total to maintain day-to-day liquidity in the market. The trader is currently lending at a 0.5pc premium to the cash price.

The premium for spot price copper over delivery in three months' time reached $89 in the middle of this week - the highest in two years.

More: Mystery trader captures 80pc of London's copper market - Telegraph

---

Ok, ffs - how is that not market manipulation? How is it even ******* possible for a single trader to remain unknown whilst getting such a massive stake?

He is not unknown - just not publicly named. It's not market manipulation; just a fracking large position.

Maybe he has a lot of bedsits in Birmingham that he wants to re-plumb? AtW might be getting an indoor lav soon.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

More: Mystery trader captures 80pc of London's copper market - Telegraph

---

Ok, ffs - how is that not market manipulation? How is it even ******* possible for a single trader to remain unknown whilst getting such a massive stake?
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
        AtW might be getting an indoor lav soon.
        I've got 3 in new place - perfect for large parties

---

Nobody should be allowed to control such high share of the market for the same reasons monolies are controlled or not allowed at all.

Comment

I've got 3 in new place - perfect for large parties

---

Nobody should be allowed to control such high share of the market for the same reasons monolies are controlled or not allowed at all.
          You're moving into a public toilet?

Comment

I know whose cornered it! HAROLD!
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Here is wisdom:

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is AtW.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                You're moving into a public toilet?
                "Moving into"? He's already in Birmingham.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Someone's been buying all the gold, silver and other metals too.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    Someone's been buying all the gold, silver and other metals too.
                    We can rule out Gordon Brown.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X