• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are England FIFA bid whoever team the biggest sore losers the world has seen?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are England FIFA bid whoever team the biggest sore losers the world has seen?

I'm sure there is more important news going on the world and I would like to hear about it. For example my neighbours cat skidded on the ice this morning it was somewhat amusing.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I'm sure there is more important news going on the world and I would like to hear about it. For example my neighbours cat skidded on the ice this morning it was somewhat amusing.
    Do Jocks ever miss an opportunity to rub salt into a wound despite being a small and insignificant minority?
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Show me a good loser....
      Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        Do Jocks ever miss an opportunity to rub salt into a wound despite being a small and insignificant minority?

So you admit it is a wound?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          I'm sure there is more important news going on the world and I would like to hear about it.
          Too closely related?

The national bid cost the Football Association £15m but councils had to help fund bids to the FA if they wanted to host matches in their area.

The two highest spending authorities were Sunderland and Bristol at £421,584 and £363,000 respectively.
          Here's the big local news: Santa boot camp!

A Father Christmas workshop is being held in a shopping centre in Cheshire, after it found parents were complaining about the standard of Santas.

Training will include Santa's Code of Practice, how to look the part and how to deal with upset children.

They were criticised for not looking or sounding right by 40% of parents questioned.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
            Show me a good loser....

Ellipsis, three dots. Not very good at this English thing are you?

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
              Hey, that's not fair:

I heard the Scottish & Welsh national teams have agreed to let themselves be knocked out in the first round of qualifying, in support of England being turned down.

My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                Of course, if FIFA had said from the start that they wouldn't consider the best prepared and most profitable country with the most compelling bid then we wouldn't have bothered trying.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  To some people maybe, I'm not one of them.

I'm thoroughly glad England didn't get it.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                    To some people maybe, I'm not one of them.

I'm thoroughly glad England didn't get it.
                    Why do you say that? Genuinely interested BTW.

Comment

Working...
                    X