Are England FIFA bid whoever team the biggest sore losers the world has seen? Are England FIFA bid whoever team the biggest sore losers the world has seen?
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 64
  1. #1

    More fingers than teeth

    scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

    scooterscot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain
    Posts
    19,421

    Default Are England FIFA bid whoever team the biggest sore losers the world has seen?

    I'm sure there is more important news going on the world and I would like to hear about it. For example my neighbours cat skidded on the ice this morning it was somewhat amusing.

  2. #2

    Jedi Like

    gingerjedi is too good to be a permie

    gingerjedi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Contractwr
    Posts
    9,604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    I'm sure there is more important news going on the world and I would like to hear about it. For example my neighbours cat skidded on the ice this morning it was somewhat amusing.
    Do Jocks ever miss an opportunity to rub salt into a wound despite being a small and insignificant minority?
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

  3. #3

    Super poster

    swamp is too good to be a permie

    swamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,862

    Default

    Show me a good loser....
    Cats are evil.

  4. #4

    More fingers than teeth

    minestrone is NOT a disguised employee

    minestrone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    15,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Do Jocks ever miss an opportunity to rub salt into a wound despite being a small and insignificant minority?

    So you admit it is a wound?

  5. #5

    Super Tramp

    RichardCranium has more data than eek

    RichardCranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Up Tulip Creek
    Posts
    12,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    I'm sure there is more important news going on the world and I would like to hear about it.
    Too closely related?

    The national bid cost the Football Association £15m but councils had to help fund bids to the FA if they wanted to host matches in their area.

    The two highest spending authorities were Sunderland and Bristol at £421,584 and £363,000 respectively.
    Here's the big local news: Santa boot camp!

    A Father Christmas workshop is being held in a shopping centre in Cheshire, after it found parents were complaining about the standard of Santas.

    Training will include Santa's Code of Practice, how to look the part and how to deal with upset children.

    They were criticised for not looking or sounding right by 40% of parents questioned.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

  6. #6

    More fingers than teeth

    minestrone is NOT a disguised employee

    minestrone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    15,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swamp View Post
    Show me a good loser....

    Ellipsis, three dots. Not very good at this English thing are you?

  7. #7

    Super Tramp

    RichardCranium has more data than eek

    RichardCranium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Up Tulip Creek
    Posts
    12,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Do Jocks ever miss an opportunity to rub salt into a wound despite being a small and insignificant minority?
    Hey, that's not fair:

    I heard the Scottish & Welsh national teams have agreed to let themselves be knocked out in the first round of qualifying, in support of England being turned down.




    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

  8. #8

    Jedi Like

    gingerjedi is too good to be a permie

    gingerjedi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Contractwr
    Posts
    9,604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minestrone View Post
    So you admit it is a wound?
    Of course, if FIFA had said from the start that they wouldn't consider the best prepared and most profitable country with the most compelling bid then we wouldn't have bothered trying.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

  9. #9

    Banned

    TykeMerc 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    8,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minestrone View Post
    So you admit it is a wound?
    To some people maybe, I'm not one of them.

    I'm thoroughly glad England didn't get it.

  10. #10

    Jedi Like

    gingerjedi is too good to be a permie

    gingerjedi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Contractwr
    Posts
    9,604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TykeMerc View Post
    To some people maybe, I'm not one of them.

    I'm thoroughly glad England didn't get it.
    Why do you say that? Genuinely interested BTW.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •