• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

X-Factor Protest Single... Sound of Silence.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X Factor is just wank.

I agree with Roger Daltry

"We really need to break away from The X Factor and American Idol - that Simon Cowell thing,’ said Daltry. ‘I really think the music industry will beat this slump and come back stronger.

‘Groups like The Who, The Rolling Stones and The Beatles wouldn't have made it past the audition stage, let alone be shown on TV. That's the joke of it.

‘The music they make on the shows is absolute tripe. He's made a good industry out of it, but it's belittled the power of music. He wouldn't know what the ‘X Factor’ was if it bit him on the b******s."

The groups are simply boy bands, and this years one has simply been made up from the hopefulls who auditioned. The change the rules at the drop of a hat so that certain contestants can get through. They are simply good kareokee singers and ultimately the only person who wins is Cowell. Also, why is everybody so keen on Cheryl Cole. She sounds as thick as pigtulip as soon as she speaks. Ok she is quite good looking, but there are better out there!
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
      X Factor is just wank.
      Not just wank.

An ugly heap of wank.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Once you have seen the Peter Kay piss-take, it all starts to make sense. Of course it's trash and churns a few people through the mill but the finalists go off on a big tour and will get a decent whack for a while.
        After that, the odd cruise, panto or other gig (Stacy Solomon in the jungle) might pop up. It all beats working on the checkout. Of course, obscurity beckons for virtually every one of them but they get a day in the sun on the way, which is more than most people get.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
          X Factor is just wank.
          X Factor = Karaoke
          The vegetarian option.

Comment

Bring back "Opportunity Knocks"!

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
              Bring back "Opportunity Knocks"!
              Bring back "The Golden Shot" and make Cowell hold the apple in his mouth.
              The vegetarian option.

Comment

Associated reading....

Chart Throb by Ben Elton, it is fiction, but very believable and funny.

Tactics for ensuring the judges choices go through irrespective of the publics votes. etc...etc... e.g. Why do the judges get to decide from the final 2? Answer : To ensure their favourites don't get thrown out.
                Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

I think there is a lot of elitist snobbery at play here. The world has moved on from the giant rock bands, there is far less privacy, and why should'nt people with talent not have an opportunity to make it to the big time.
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

If elitist snobbery = wanting more quality material in pop culture instead of the usual banal dross, then count me in old chap! Tally Ho.

Comment

Pete Doherty was among those previously named on the line-up who did not turn up.
                      Genius! He's still a poet at heart.

Comment

Working...
                      X