• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

X-Factor Protest Single... Sound of Silence.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I think there is a lot of elitist snobbery at play here. The world has moved on from the giant rock bands, there is far less privacy, and why should'nt people with talent not have an opportunity to make it to the big time.
    Giant rock bands don't get a look in in terms of airplay and the media because it's dominated by this tulipe. All the bands on x Factor are Boyzone/Girls Aloud clones. Young kids who can be told what to do, how to act who can sing and dance. Where are the bands who play instruments? No instead lets get them to sing to some generic pop tosh and dance about like a bunch of *******. So long as their fame lasts until the start of the next series then everything is good. I watch the x factor, but stop once they have stopped showing the useless pillocks who audition at the start.

Personally I think talent would surface under normal circumstances. The x Factor is the dragnet approach where kids are harvested, used and forgotten about. But this stops proper bands making it big over here. As Daltry said, bands like the beatles, the Stones and add to that Oasis and Blur would never have made it because they don't fit in with the format. Could you imagine the Happy Mondays on here?

In the States there are a number of big rock bands who do very well. Bands like Three Doors Down or Shinedown play big venues over there - here I saw Three Doors Down at the Academy in Manchester. A tiny venue and one so small that it essentailly makes touring unprofitable - this is largely to do with the fact that they have radio stations themed around the music type. Instead in the UK we have radio stations who are all clones of each other that are all dominated by formula pop acts. tulip FM
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
    X