• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Petition to ban Dihydrogen monoxide

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    But when I was in Cancun the ban was to only affect government organisations; it's not the first time the proposals had been watered down...

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

WRCS Ditto.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        Delegates at Cancun didnt have to think twice about signing a petition banning this substance.

This chemical is found in our rivers,lakes and in large quantities in the sea. It is fatal if inhaled, a major greenhouse gas and without it there would be no acid rain.

Dihydrogen monoxide is more commonly known as water, and the petition was a spoof.

Clearly conferences like this attract all sorts of freeloaders and kooks, but we are entrusting our economy and future to these people. They are supposed to understand the science and help formulate policy, but they will sign up to anything that has the words, ban protect, earth and global in it.

Cancun kooks

enough of that sciency stuff - where do i sign?

Comment

Working...
        X