• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yum yum snaffle slurp !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yum yum snaffle slurp !

I just remembered that I had this is the cupboard... no need to venture into the cold to satisfy my urgent craving for chocolate

Yum yum munch

You can keep your choccies. I just can't see the attraction.

If however you have some of this, I'd happily help you eat it...

Comment

I bought some a while back and there was a distressing lack of interesting flavours (e.g. orange, caramel). They seem to be mostly chocolate.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
        You can keep your choccies. I just can't see the attraction.

If however you have some of this, I'd happily help you eat it...
        Never seen the appeal of cheese as a food on it's own.

Am I missing out?

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post

Am I missing out?
          Hell Yeah!

Google Image Result for http://farm1.static.flickr.com/23/33622968_5a6c70b081.jpg
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Am I missing out?
            Dont't Diss The Cheese (except Red Leicester - that's horrible)
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Am I missing out?
              Yes!
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                But is Red Leicester actually a cheese? I thought it was some kind of substance to rub on the bottoms of skis. Definitely not something edible.

Just has some rather nice Wensleydale with cranberries and mulled wine embedded in it. Very moresome, even though I'm not usually a fan of novelty cheeses.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Never seen the appeal of cheese as a food on its own. Am I missing out?
                  Yes. Don't buy your cheese in a British supermarket - it is all awful.

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                  I doubt anyone makes authentic red Leicester any more. It is merely a coloured form of the nasty stuff. Ditto Double Gloucester.

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                  But is Red Leicester actually a cheese? I thought it was some kind of substance to rub on the bottoms of skis. Definitely not something edible.
                  Don't buy your cheese in a British supermarket.

It is a shame, a travesty and a modern symbol of our times that we have allowed the supermarkets to destroy the British cheese industry. We were up there with the best of them 50 years ago, and possibly led the world in quality and variety.

And now it is all just shelf after shelf of that yellow, evil smelling, slabs of nastiness, all labelled "Cheddar". That is not cheese.
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                    Yes. Don't buy your cheese in a British supermarket - it is all awful.

I doubt anyone makes authentic red Leicester any more. It is merely a coloured form of the nasty stuff. Ditto Double Gloucester.

Don't buy your cheese in a British supermarket.

It is a shame, a travesty and a modern symbol of our times that we have allowed the supermarkets to destroy the British cheese industry. We were up there with the best of them 50 years ago, and possibly led the world in quality and variety.

And now it is all just shelf after shelf of that yellow, evil smelling, slabs of nastiness, all labelled "Cheddar". That is not cheese.
                    I dunno what supermarkets you go to but Waitrose do some pretty damn good cheeses.

Ever tried any American cheeses?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X