• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor UK - Rename to Sockpuppet UK?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Considering the vast number of sockies; including the new one just approved; isn't it time that the fantasy that this is a Contractor related board and not just a home for trolls is dropped?
    aye
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I already do vote with my feet, I ignore some threads, but when some of the interesting threads get over run with sockies and trolling it gets a tad annoying.
      It is no picnic for them you know...................

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Can't see the problem with sockies myself, even though I don't have any. As long as they remain interesting, and give the CUK gene pool a good stir. Wakens up some of the sludge, that can be pervasive and banal at times.
        Agreed. What's the big deal?

I've never hidden behind an SP, but sometimes they make an amusing diversion if they are done well.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Lets face it if all sockies were banned there would 1 post a day.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
            Agreed. What's the big deal?

I've never hidden behind an SP, but sometimes they make an amusing diversion if they are done well.
            Sadly that's exceptionally rare otherwise I wouldn't give a damn.

Comment

Originally posted by markmm View Post
              Lets face it if all sockies were banned there would 1 post a day.
              Or real posters would bother to use and contribute to the board as I'm sure there have been plenty of real people that have come to CUK then got put off by the continual trolling.

Comment

Sadly that's exceptionally rare otherwise I wouldn't give a damn.
                Do you have one shred of evidence than anyone is a sockie? If you do share it, if not then I think it's better to zip it.

Comment

Originally posted by markmm View Post
                  Do you have one shred of evidence than anyone is a sockie? If you do share it, if not then I think it's better to zip it.
                  Apart from writing styles or confessions you know perfectly well that the only real evidence is available to Admin with email addresses (ludicrously easy to create temporary throw away ones) and IP addresses (easy enough to conceal).

Comment

Or real posters would bother to use and contribute to the board as I'm sure there have been plenty of real people that have come to CUK then got put off by the continual trolling.
                    That's such a whiney bedwetting response Tyke. General is, what general is.

The other forums are off limits for messing about and offer the real value. If you don't like the robustness of General there is always the www.cbeebieschatforum.com
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      That's such a whiney bedwetting response Tyke. General is, what general is.

The other forums are off limits for messing about and offer the real value. If you don't like the robustness of General there is always the www.cbeebieschatforum.com
                      Actually it's the likes of you (and your sockies) that have made General into a bear pit of trolling. I would have thought that Light Relief would be the more appropriate place for that.

If you think I'll be offended and upset by being accused of whining and bedwetting then you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X