• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Low-life tactics of means to end

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: but [shurely] if it is

And that is why machines can't play chess

The problem is that you can't program a machine to understand space and tempo in chess like a human mind can. Good human players understand these things, but a machine can only master tactics.

Comment

thank you ws, i'll

sleep better tonight since i now know that the abberrant behaviour of KillerChess V1 was the machine's fault and not mine.

Comment

Re: thank you ws, i'll

sleep better tonight since i now know that the abberrant behaviour of KillerChess V1 was the machine's fault and not mine.
        Aye; not even IBM, with a budget of billions, have managed to build a true chess machine. The proof? They never agreed to give Kasparov a rematch. That says it all. So you did well to develop any chess program; they're fiendishly difficult.

Comment

if you are interested in that sort of thing,

[and who isn't? :\ ] check out arasan [if you haven't already]. it has an interesting development history.

Comment

Working...
          X