• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Costco Tyres, company policy?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I personally tell them they can't swap my tyres round. They then go into their lecture about how it's company policy and for safety and yadda yadda yadda.

I let them finish off their lecture and then point out that my rear tyres are wider than the front ones, at which point the Muppet goes "Oh...." and puts them where I originally told him to.

Comment

I usually use Black Circles, they use local garages to fit the tyres they usually are very good on price I've found.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
        I personally tell them they can't swap my tyres round. They then go into their lecture about how it's company policy and for safety and yadda yadda yadda.

I let them finish off their lecture and then point out that my rear tyres are wider than the front ones, at which point the Muppet goes "Oh...." and puts them where I originally told him to.

Impressive

Maybe as a compromise you could have promised to drive the next 3-4k miles backwards to ensure that their policy is upheld?

Comment

Current thinking on tyres with respect to front wheel drive cars is replace all four tyres at ones (as opposed to swapping the worn front tyres for the rear ones). The extra tread on the rear is very important.

Think about it: bald tyres at the front and fresh ones at the rear is OK -- lots of understeer but you will adjust your driving style; fresh rubber on the front and bald tyres on the rear and you'll likely lose the back end with no chance of controlling it.

If you're only replacing two tyres then Costco are probably correct: put the best tyres on the rear for a front wheel drive car.
          Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
            I usually use Black Circles, they use local garages to fit the tyres they usually are very good on price I've found.
            WHS++ Use them all the time.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
            X