• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Let Northerners pick fruit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    You cannot eliminate relative unwillingness.

Of course you can. Introduce relative hunger. Works every time.

And you cannot have fewer unproductive people as they are needed to drive down wages.
    Nonsense. See my answer above. An empty belly trumps ideological posturing everytime.

Why are there more unproductive people now than three years ago? Has there been an idleness pandemic?
    Gordon took over from Tony.

HTH
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      Of course you can. Introduce relative hunger. Works every time.

Nonsense. See my answer above. An empty belly trumps ideological posturing everytime.

Gordon took over from Tony.

HTH
      Then you risk Lord Hailsham's dilemma.

And do you think Gordon took over from Tony in Ireland etc. etc.?

Comment

Then you risk Lord Hailsham's dilemma.
        We've faced it before, we'll manage again. It will give the Army something to do when we pull out of Afghanistan anyway.

And do you think Gordon took over from Tony in Ireland etc. etc.?
        No. But his poisonous influence drifted across the Irish Sea like a bad smell.

Yeuuuuurrghh!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

We've faced it before, we'll manage again. It will give the Army something to do when we pull out of Afghanistan anyway.
          Which is back to my point about a police state. It was certainly the response in Latin America for much of the post-war period, but I don't fancy living in that kind of country.

Comment

Which is back to my point about a police state. It was certainly the response in Latin America for much of the post-war period, but I don't fancy living in that kind of country.
            You are making the mistake of thinking the only two solutions lie at opposite ends of the scale. I would not fancy that much either, but nor am I happy with a state that panders too easily to a high proportion of the lame and lazy. The utopia we seek is somewhere in the midst of the two extremes. About high time we started heading back towards some kind of equilibrium.

Comment

You are making the mistake of thinking the only two solutions lie at opposite ends of the scale. I would not fancy that much either, but nor am I happy with a state that panders too easily to a high proportion of the lame and lazy. The utopia we seek is somewhere in the midst of the two extremes. About high time we started heading back towards some kind of equilibrium.
              We are in the equilibrium between police state and revolution. Enjoy it.

Comment

We are in the equilibrium between police state and revolution. Enjoy it.
                This equilibrium needs a bit of parameter squeezing then. Bit of a tilt towards Police State might do us the world of good.

Comment

This equilibrium needs a bit of parameter squeezing then. Bit of a tilt towards Police State might do us the world of good.
                  I'm sure it would do you the world of good.

Comment

On a lighter note, this is hilarious

The Daily Mash - SOUTHERNERS RELUCTANT TO EAT FRUIT PICKED BY NORTHERNERS

Comment

Working...
                    X