• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HOw should I deal with these people

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HOw should I deal with these people

ALmost 1 month ago I had a new boiler installed and placed in a new location.

Since it has been installed it has NOT worked!

What appears to happen is that the water in the ot water tank heats up, when it is hot enough a signal fronm the tank is sento the control unit to say STOP heating water. Then the FUSE to the boiler blows.

The usless feckers have been to the house several times to fix it and leave tellinjg MrsGoof "its all working" ,iunfortunatley she does not think to check it.

Is there any kind of legal action / contact governing bodies (other than CORGI) i could contact ......

I am currently holding 80% of their fee, but what II really want is a working boiler!

sensible comments only please (well I can dream)

If all is as you describe it, you are entitled to get somebody else in to "make good" the work and charge the cost to the original fitter. They will dispute this and you will need to be prepared to go to court to assert your rights.

In the interim:

1. Join the Consumers Association (who may be prepared to take your case up for you).
    2. Send the original supplier a letter telling them you will getting someone else in at their expense unless they can sort it within 7 days.

Comment

Trading Standards?

Fit for purpose etc.

If they can't get the electrics right, goodness knows what the gas fitting is like...

Comment

That really does sound like a stupid wiring error - probably instead of putting the thermostat in series with the boiler circuit they've connected it across the supply. Any half-decent fitter should get that sorted in 5 minutes flat.

Comment

feck me, grandaaaaaaaaaaad's a heating engineer now too !

wonders will never cease

Milan.

Comment

Working...
          X