• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Latest gadget/fad purchases

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found it, but the link is dead, it seems Tchibo are no longer doing online sales to UK customers.

The ones the ex wife has aren't crampon style, they're more like springs on their sides with the attachment material running inside the spirals, the grip is impressive and they pack away really small so fine for a pocket or handbag for the ladies that carry them.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
      Found it, but the link is dead, it seems Tchibo are no longer doing online sales to UK customers.

The ones the ex wife has aren't crampon style, they're more like springs on their sides with the attachment material running inside the spirals, the grip is impressive and they pack away really small so fine for a pocket or handbag for the ladies that carry them.
      Aha, do you mean YakTrax?

Comment

I found I could achieve adequate ambulation without dressing up as a climber. Walking boots, trainers and even slippers all appeared fine. Maybe our snow isn't as slippery.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
          I just had some of these delivered:

And now, along with all my other winter/ski gear, am hoping the whole country gets iced over in one great snowpocalypse, just so I can get kitted out 'bear grylls' style and mock lesser mortals.

But seriously - Mrs RH has asked me to test a range of these as the NHS may have need of such anti-slip footwear for all the oldies that slip and do themselves serious damage. I have found that they're excellent for all surfaces except laminate flooring. Where they're ruddy lethal.

Any interesting and unnecessary toys/gadgets bought by the congregation recently?
          You could have just made your self a pair of screw shoes...

Got myself a metal power ball the other day but it is in the sorting office as I missed the door bell. Plastic one is not doing it for me anymore and I need to get my wrists stonger to improve my drumming.

One wrong move on this baby and you will take the skin off your finger.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            Plastic one is not doing it for me anymore and I need to get my wrists stonger to improve my drumming.

Drumming eh?
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Just span the baby up, pulls you across the room once you get it up to speed.

Comment

Working...
              X