• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear: Boy raped teacher

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stems back to the mediaevel origins of the modern legal system
    Lucifer, should the contracting ever run out of steam, I think a very lucrative career in TV quiz shows beckons.

Comment

Even the Roman empire struggled on for a few centuries after it contracted a fatal malaise
      Closer to a thousand years - wasn't the Fall of Constantinople (1453) the end of the Eastern Empire?

Comment

I think a very lucrative career in TV quiz shows beckons
        I understand Countdown is looking for a new host

Comment

stems back to the mediaevel origins of the modern legal system
          1066 to be precise - William the B@stard virtually eliminated the Anglo-Saxon legal code (mixture of Roman, Norse and Saxon - with different laws in different parts of the Country) and introduced his own unified system. Some bits of the older system survived until relatively recently, but most were completely replaced. The Viking tradition of post-geniture (leaving the whole property to the youngest son) survived in Kent until the early 1800's

Comment

Working...
          X