• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pavlov's Children. The Brain: a Secret History. Outrage.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    Bloody 'ell. Just got in so didn't see it, but from MF's description I don't want to. I hope they at least broadcast the footage with a HUGE warning beforehand. Even then...
    Good point.

Let's all go and picket the BBC and protest about programmes we haven't seen, merely read about on the Internet from some anonymous poster who watched the first 8 minutes of a 60 minute programme.

And you're meant to be a moderator, FFS.

Jeez.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I think RC has summed things up very well. It's most amusing that MF can never again fling around his favourite (and frankly rather juvenile) insults, all for the sake of a programme he didn't watch in full, and apparently couldn't understand for the few minutes he did watch it

Comment

Hugely ironic this thread. When I met the OP, it was almost as if he had been "conditionally reflexed" to nip off to the bogs every time it was his round!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          The episode under discussion.

Sorry, MF, but you have been had.
          MF is clearly on the management team at a former public service client.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I think RC has summed things up very well. It's most amusing that MF can never again fling around his favourite (and frankly rather juvenile) insults, all for the sake of a programme he didn't watch in full, and apparently couldn't understand for the few minutes he did watch it
            So I am upset by videos of children being abused and switch off.

You get upset by spelling, grammar and misuse of Internet forums.

And they say that IT geeks can't relate to other people.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

The Brain also showed a woman who had been experimented on at The Royal Waterloo, an NHS hospital in London. She was one of hundreds who was drugged and kept asleep for up to three months in a darkened room and given what they are pleased to call "heroic" amounts of ECT. The BBC barely covered this experiment probably because there is believed to have been government and pharmaceutical business backing for it. Please have a look at http ://w ww.theroyalwaterlooexperiment.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                Already complained to the BBC. Who on earth shows footage of experimentation on children!!!
                Ignorance is indeed bliss

Comment

I understand why you were upset

Now please stop all this bedwetting, it's embarassing.
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    I understand why you were upset

Now please stop all this bedwetting, it's embarassing.
                    aye, lets put it bed now.
                    mind the damp patch

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

You did not get upset by a video of children being abused. You got upset at what you were being told you were seeing. What you were actually shown was one child with a medical treatment, and another lying down being fed biscuits.

It was the interspersed images, overlaid sound and commentary and emotion-control activity by the presenter / editor that made you think you saw child abuse.

Too right. Ignorant and indolent posting is a crime to society.

They only say it to try to wind you up. Real IT geeks don't care.

<cough> <cough> <cough>
                      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                      X