Ducklike

Platypus is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by Freamon View Post
    Typical reaction from an ISxJ.
    I think I walked into that

Super poster

Clare@InTouch is a permanent contractor

I got:

ISTJ "Trustee" These are dependable pillars of strength. They often try to reform their mates and other people. They make good bank examiners, auditors, accountants, and phys. ed. teachers, and boy or girl scouts! 6% of the total population.

Super Tramp

RichardCranium has more data than eek

Quote Originally Posted by minestrone View Post
    I once asked a project manager if he called his kids resources.

"Resource 3, you are on dishes tonight, resource 1, you are on drying"

The way he spoke it was quite possible.
    Is that why so many on here refer to their sprogs as DS1, DD2 etc?

My post count is Majestic

AtW is a fount of knowledge

CUK moderator.

I'd bring order to this place even if I have to ban everyone on here!

d000hg - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    While we're on the subject (approximately), let me just rant about how offensive I consider the term 'Human Resources'. I am not a human resource. I am a human being.
    Would you rather they called it the "Everybody's special" department?
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing

Fingers like lightning

fckvwls has no reputation

Administrator

Have to say the detailed explanation of the personality type was pretty accurate.

NickFitz is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by RichardCranium View Post
    FFS, we're human. We can hunt, we can nurture. We can kill, we can heal. We can be cruel, we can rescue. We can invent, create, build and destroy. We can all cook, clean, think, communicate, reproduce, travel, imagine, sit, stand, paint, sing, laugh, cry.
    I'm crap at painting - not just pictures, but easy stuff like doors and such

Quote Originally Posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    While we're on the subject (approximately), let me just rant about how offensive I consider the term 'Human Resources'.
    Indeed

Just yesterday I read about HMG's bizarre "You Be The Judge" site (N.B.: Flash required to witness the fail in all its refulgent splendour). This nonsense cost the Ministry of Justice (a thing I thought one only found in third world dictatorships) £56,403.60 ex VAT. The MeejaLaw site, who revealed this information after an FoI request, also quoted the MoJ's proud boast of how they had kept the costs down:

Design, coding and technical build of the interactive guide was carried out by “internal web resources who were simultaneously working on other activities”.
    (my emphasis)

Not "our web developers" nor "our own staff" nor "our employees" but "internal web resources". I bet they feel really appreciated by their employer when they're made to juggle multiple projects and then see themselves described in such terms

MarillionFan is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by NickFitz View Post
    I'm crap at painting - not just pictures, but easy stuff like doors and such

Indeed

Just yesterday I read about HMG's bizarre "You Be The Judge" site (N.B.: Flash required to witness the fail in all its refulgent splendour). This nonsense cost the Ministry of Justice (a thing I thought one only found in third world dictatorships) £56,403.60 ex VAT. The MeejaLaw site, who revealed this information after an FoI request, also quoted the MoJ's proud boast of how they had kept the costs down:

You be the Judge. Hardly representitive was it. They were all middle classed white people on the videos.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Party Animal

Zippy has more data than eek

Design, coding and technical build of the interactive guide was carried out by “internal web resources who were simultaneously working on other activities”.
    (my emphasis)

Not "our web developers" nor "our own staff" nor "our employees" but "internal web resources". I bet they feel really appreciated by their employer when they're made to juggle multiple projects and then see themselves described in such terms
    That is one godawful web site. WTF are you supposed to do with it?
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Contractor Among Contractors

Freamon is too good to be a permie

Just yesterday I read about HMG's bizarre "You Be The Judge" site (N.B.: Flash required to witness the fail in all its refulgent splendour). This nonsense cost the Ministry of Justice (a thing I thought one only found in third world dictatorships) £56,403.60 ex VAT.
    This sort of thing is the reason the potholes on our roads aren't getting filled in!!!
    "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon