• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is your ideal career?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
    Typical reaction from an ISxJ.
    I think I walked into that

Comment

I got:

ISTJ "Trustee" These are dependable pillars of strength. They often try to reform their mates and other people. They make good bank examiners, auditors, accountants, and phys. ed. teachers, and boy or girl scouts! 6% of the total population.

ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        I once asked a project manager if he called his kids resources.

"Resource 3, you are on dishes tonight, resource 1, you are on drying"

The way he spoke it was quite possible.
        Is that why so many on here refer to their sprogs as DS1, DD2 etc?
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

CUK moderator.

I'd bring order to this place even if I have to ban everyone on here!

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            While we're on the subject (approximately), let me just rant about how offensive I consider the term 'Human Resources'. I am not a human resource. I am a human being.
            Would you rather they called it the "Everybody's special" department?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Administrator

Have to say the detailed explanation of the personality type was pretty accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                FFS, we're human. We can hunt, we can nurture. We can kill, we can heal. We can be cruel, we can rescue. We can invent, create, build and destroy. We can all cook, clean, think, communicate, reproduce, travel, imagine, sit, stand, paint, sing, laugh, cry.
                I'm crap at painting - not just pictures, but easy stuff like doors and such

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                While we're on the subject (approximately), let me just rant about how offensive I consider the term 'Human Resources'.
                Indeed

Just yesterday I read about HMG's bizarre "You Be The Judge" site (N.B.: Flash required to witness the fail in all its refulgent splendour). This nonsense cost the Ministry of Justice (a thing I thought one only found in third world dictatorships) £56,403.60 ex VAT. The MeejaLaw site, who revealed this information after an FoI request, also quoted the MoJ's proud boast of how they had kept the costs down:
                Design, coding and technical build of the interactive guide was carried out by “internal web resources who were simultaneously working on other activities”.
                (my emphasis)

Not "our web developers" nor "our own staff" nor "our employees" but "internal web resources". I bet they feel really appreciated by their employer when they're made to juggle multiple projects and then see themselves described in such terms

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  I'm crap at painting - not just pictures, but easy stuff like doors and such

Indeed

Just yesterday I read about HMG's bizarre "You Be The Judge" site (N.B.: Flash required to witness the fail in all its refulgent splendour). This nonsense cost the Ministry of Justice (a thing I thought one only found in third world dictatorships) £56,403.60 ex VAT. The MeejaLaw site, who revealed this information after an FoI request, also quoted the MoJ's proud boast of how they had kept the costs down:

You be the Judge. Hardly representitive was it. They were all middle classed white people on the videos.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Design, coding and technical build of the interactive guide was carried out by “internal web resources who were simultaneously working on other activities”.
                    (my emphasis)

Not "our web developers" nor "our own staff" nor "our employees" but "internal web resources". I bet they feel really appreciated by their employer when they're made to juggle multiple projects and then see themselves described in such terms
                    That is one godawful web site. WTF are you supposed to do with it?
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Just yesterday I read about HMG's bizarre "You Be The Judge" site (N.B.: Flash required to witness the fail in all its refulgent splendour). This nonsense cost the Ministry of Justice (a thing I thought one only found in third world dictatorships) £56,403.60 ex VAT.
                      This sort of thing is the reason the potholes on our roads aren't getting filled in!!!
                      "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Working...
                      X