• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dropping like flies!!! A sign of things to come?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been benched for 6 weeks, but I'll be doing another 4 weeks from Monday back at Previous Client Co. They said when I left there was a strong possibility of some more short term work in January, so "short term work as an when needed" is exactly right.

However funds are somewhat depleted now and when this is over I'll be trying hard to get a good 6-monther somewhere.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

To any unfortunates in this position I am prepared to offer some great work experience in my small business and I will only charge you a quite nominal amount.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

My busy commute index is higher than average, and my local pub restaurant usage index is also fairly high.

It's also been reported on here that the dodgy novelty product in stations index is above average.

Therefore it seems that employment can't be all that bad at the moment in my region. I wish that extended to other regions.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          My busy commute index is higher than average, and my local pub restaurant usage index is also fairly high.

It's also been reported on here that the dodgy novelty product in stations index is above average.

Therefore it seems that employment can't be all that bad at the moment in my region. I wish that extended to other regions.
          From the prosperous end of the NE, I can report busy roads chock full of brand new Range Rovers, large Mercs, etc.

Restaurants packed, luxury shops packed, Waitrose heaving.

It's all boom from where I'm living.

Darras Hall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Phase II project funding pulled. Paddy benched.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

CLG pulled funding.

We're going it alone as the end client still needs the system. In contract until the beginning of July.

Phone continuously ringing, Churchill is in demand. Unfortunately not North of Watford Gap.

Oh well, needs must. Teaching the Southern Scum a thing or two so that's an added bonus.

Good luck to the rest of you.

Comment

Smarmily I have just been renewed until end of July.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Newbie contractor started in Oct for 3 months initially but got extended. I've got my contract until the beginning of April. Although the project is coming to an end and it doesn't look likely that there is any more funding, I'm not too worried. I think I will find something if not here somewhere else.

It does seem like if you are in the right sector and are flexible with location, you will find good amount of work all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by amyth View Post
                    Newbie contractor started in Oct for 3 months initially but got extended. I've got my contract until the beginning of April. Although the project is coming to an end and it doesn't look likely that there is any more funding, I'm not too worried. I think I will find something if not here somewhere else.

It does seem like if you are in the right sector and are flexible with location, you will find good amount of work all the time.
                    That is a/the key point.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      That is a/the key point.

Good luck.
                      Flexible on location only applies to those contractors without kids.

When you reach a certain age and kids are in effect then spending the week away is not an option. When that point arrives, if you cannot get commutable or local contract work then you need to go perm IMO.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X