• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The economy is in big trouble

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TW,

I'd always thought you as one of the worldy wiser amongst us, however, since you opened up about your Dollar hedge against the Pound

I must say, your rating in my eyes took a tumble

it seems your knowledge of the arty farty touchy feely subjects is not matched by your knowledge of wealth preservation

these are very uncertain times

it's all about preservation at the moment, jobs, savings etc

as Bully would say, stay out of the black and in the red there's nothing in this
    game for two in a bed

we just have to work out what the red and black are, but TW, your Dollar hedge
    against the Pound was like staying out of the black but in the black, as Bully
    would say you had two in a bed and there's nothing in this game for that

it's getting tricky, the key to it all is to stay in work, that is the foundation,
    next layer is to have defensive preservative parking places for your pennies
    and forget for the time being about making your money work for itself, rather
    keep up with inflation, or be erroded by inflation, than have massive erosion
    from bad 'investment' choices

chf, au and property and sleep well at night

that's my 2 pence worth

Milan.
    Last edited by milanbenes; 19 January 2011, 11:02.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Caught between a rock and a hard place.

Can't raise interest rates or the fragile recovery will be derailed, repossessions will rise as people can't pay their mortgages and the housing market will collapse.

Can't not raise interest rates as inflation will then gallop ahead, the real value of everything, including the pound, will fall, investors will move to the safe haven of the Euro, Dollar or Remnimbi.

The doom of 2008 was not averted, just postponed.

Hopefully the Conservatives will not draw it out any more, it will be quicker with a short, sharp shock.

So let's raise interest rates, squeeze inflation to under 2% and live within our means. Devil take the hindmost.
      I love it when you contradict yourself and show that you're just a total idiot.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        I love it when you contradict yourself and show that you're just a total idiot.
        I love it when you show that you've got a miniscule IQ that doesn't understand a rhetorical argument.

HTH, but IKIW.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Let the housing market collapse. Ridiculous house prices is the root source of all our problems.

Comment

Originally posted by KaiserWilly View Post
            Let the housing market collapse. Ridiculous house prices is the root source of all our problems.
            WHS, but it will never happen. Instead your std of living is collapsing.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              I love it when you show that you've got a miniscule IQ that doesn't understand a rhetorical argument.

HTH, but IKIW.

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                WHS, but it will never happen. Instead your std of living is collapsing.

"Oh look daddy! The village idiots in the enclosure are throwing insults at each other again"

"Don't worry son. They can't get out"
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  This would solve a lot of problems and would probably have prevented the doom of the last few years. Unfortunately, very few people seem capable of doing that, and even fewer governments.
                  I'm still absolutely flabbrrgasted as to how seemingly average people afford all these exotic holidays.

I was watching the BBC news coverage of the troubles in Tunisia the other day and the newscaster alluded to the impact on people who had booked to go to Tunisia for half term. As if that was a perfectly normal thing to be doing and that lots of people would be doing it.

I'm middle class and I had a fairly comfirtable upbringing but asides from our 2 weeks in La Michelle, that was it unless we were lucky enough go get the odd weekend on the IOW.

Comment

Morning Gricer,

do you and Malc have children and will you be taking them abroad for half term or easter ?

How's it going with Malc's sleeping patterns ?

Any news on possible re-entry to the Rotary club ?

All the best,

Milan.

Comment

Some totally irrelevant bollux
                      DO you mind not posting crap on here. Start your own thread where you can talk tulipe with like minded bedwetters.

HTH.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X