• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blackberry Torch 9800...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blackberry Torch 9800...

Any good?

Tone

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
    Any good?

Tone
    Linky
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

It's better if I get info from here - I trust this site's user reviews... not Wilmslow obviously!

Tone

Comment

It's better if I get info from here - I trust this site's user reviews... not Wilmslow obviously!

Tone

Fair enough

Comment

Bump.

Comment

Any good?

Tone
            Yes thanks

Seriously good piece of kit. OS6 is far better than before, plenty of apps in BB AppWorld too. The combination of the touchscreen and keyboard is great.
            Only downsides ( if any ) looks a bit 'chunky', but you know its in your pocket !, which i prefer. The trackball can sometimes freeze after extended usage & like most berry's the odd battery pull is required to restart BBMessenger etc.

I've had mine a month or so, & can't recommend it enough. As a non-iphone or touchscreen user Its right up there against the best.
            Trainee Techno Pikey

Comment

Originally posted by KpMrJ View Post
              Yes thanks

Seriously good piece of kit. OS6 is far better than before, plenty of apps in BB AppWorld too. The combination of the touchscreen and keyboard is great.
              Only downsides ( if any ) looks a bit 'chunky', but you know its in your pocket !, which i prefer. The trackball can sometimes freeze after extended usage & like most berry's the odd battery pull is required to restart BBMessenger etc.

I've had mine a month or so, & can't recommend it enough. As a non-iphone or touchscreen user Its right up there against the best.

Comment

Anyone forked out on a Nexus S ?

I planned to buy one, but the other day someone here mentioned another phone just released with an 8 megapixel camera. (Unfortunately I lost the link )

P.S. Can one buy a Blackberry Torch and use it prepaid ? You used to need a contract, which was always the problem with Blackberries.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by KpMrJ View Post
                  Yes thanks

WHS, i've also had one a couple of months. i'm not a gadget freak but it does the job. we have also trialed a number of devices at work and in general.. the iphone brigade have calmed down a lot.
                  Cloud Computing - Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    Anyone forked out on a Nexus S ?

I planned to buy one, but the other day someone here mentioned another phone just released with an 8 megapixel camera. (Unfortunately I lost the link )
                    I bough a Nexus S less than a week ago. So far, I'm impressed, and because I don't dick about with my phone all day long I've found the battery life to be pretty respectable.

The 5MP camera is much more than my old phone, but I wouldn't use a phone camera for much anyway, certainly nothing serious. I treated myself to a proper camera for that !

EDIT:
                    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    P.S. Can one buy a Blackberry Torch and use it prepaid ? You used to need a contract, which was always the problem with Blackberries.
                    See http://www.amazon.co.uk/BlackBerry-T.../dp/B0041D7ZAU
                    Last edited by Platypus; 21 January 2011, 13:33.

Comment

Working...
                    X