• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have people forgotton what food is for?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    I suspect that Subways new business model follows that of Dr Raven Sable (Famine) in Good Omens.

The Good Omens Lexicon
    Oh I read that over Christmas a most enjoyable book.
    Are you perhaps familiar with Martin Millar too? If not may I recommend "The Good Fairies of New York"
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
      London has some really good value kebab restaurants where the kofte or shish is decent (ie contains meat) and the salad and pitta bread help to keep the meal fairly healthy. The trouble is, in many parts of the country people associate kebab with Donner. Which is generally horrendous.
      All Kebab shops do Donner and Shish don't they? Are drunk people just ignorant of the superior Shish? It does take a bit longer and costs a few pence more so maybe they're tight and impatient too?

After 8 pints of ale I think it's important to think about what you're putting into your body.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
        I've never had a kebab

Subways stink and I can recognise their smell from meters away. They all smell exactly the same, I'm convinced they have had a smell designed to lure people in and have it pumped out onto the street.
        Perhaps someone should tell them that its bloody awful
        If they all smell the same because they are all the same. However I never noticed a particular smell.

The ingredients aren't special but I quite like their breakfast subs. Fresh warm bread is always nice even if it's not great bread.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Subway - never had one, never will.

Tone

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            If they all smell the same because they are all the same. However I never noticed a particular smell.

The ingredients aren't special but I quite like their breakfast subs. Fresh warm bread is always nice even if it's not great bread.
            The bread is what puts me off Subway. It always seems to consist of some sawdust concoction. Strange, as they put emphasis on a choice of breads, but it always tastes foul.
            Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              Subway stuff
              You might have had a point if you hadn't then gone on to say:
              Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              I'll stick with McDonald's, where at least I know that after a Big Mac Meal (large) I am good to go for a few hours.
              Every time I get a Big Mac, which isn't very often now, I never fail to be disappointed by how pathetic, squashed, floppy and tasteless it is. The really annoying thing is that after having one I'll avoid the place for a year or so and then forget quite how tulip it was, which is the only reason I end up buying one again (well, that and a hangover).

Oh, and you know fattening isn't the same thing as filling? You can fill yourself up on something with few calories, or you can eat something with loads of calories and still be hungry.

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
                Subway - never had one, never will.

Tone
                Thanks for your contribution.

Comment

Thanks for your contribution.
                  Saw this outside one subway

Doogie. Are you a chav? Is this you outside your place of work?

What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I work from home, so no.

Comment

I am unemployed or work in first line support, so no.
                      ftfy
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X