• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"The Killing" (Scandinavian Noir on BBC4 on Saturday evenings).

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    The Septic version of "The Killing" is definitely improving. It's cooking with gas now.
    Same stories as the Danish ones? Or same characters, new plots?

Comment

It's taken 26 episodes & 2 seasons to do what the Danish did in 20 eps & 1 season
      And TBH the Danish Season 1 was overlong.

Season 2 (Danish) was rather better IMO.

Comment

I'm quite a fan of Swedish crime drama now. I've watched all 3 series of Wallander, and looking forward to the next to be released.

I also recently watched "The Bridge". I assumed this would be a two-parter or something; but it's in loads of episodes, about 15 as I recall. Each time you think the villain is about to be unmasked a whole new dimension opens up!
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          I also recently watched "The Bridge". I assumed this would be a two-parter or something; but it's in loads of episodes, about 15 as I recall. Each time you think the villain is about to be unmasked a whole new dimension opens up!
          I thought The Bridge was quite silly compared to The Killing. I highly recommend Borgen if you like that sort of thing;

Latest one: "Lilyhammer".

Mafia don goes to Norway in witness protection.

Not exacty noir, but quite funny in its way.

Lilyhammer - TV.com
          Plus Silvio from The Sopranos.

Being held up by The West Wing at the moment, halfway through series four. Then it's Breaking Bad series 5 (first 8 episodes), then Lillyhammer. The benefits of a long commute.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

It just got unexpectedly darker.

Ooooer, Mrs.
            I gave up with it, once Van Zandt had struck up the unlikely relationship with that bird. Then there was the killing the wolf episode.

Should I have stuck with it?

Comment

"The Killing" S3 is coming nicely to the boil.
              Yes - the end of the second episode was a bit silly but the last double episode was a cracking return to form.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Gosh.

So that's the end of that then.

Messy.
                Mum's gone to Iceland?

It wasn't entirely clear what she was going to do at the end.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

The ending was too far-fetched for me - it was out of character.

Comment

I disagree

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                      I disagree
                      It's been going downhill since the first season (which was brilliant).

Comment

Working...
                      X