• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

(Why) is it (not) right to buy pre peeled chopped carrots?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(Why) is it (not) right to buy pre peeled chopped carrots?

Discuss...
    My name is Bugs Bunny, I want whole carrots
    100.00%
    I cant afford a peeler, I like to buy peeled chopped carrots.
    0.00%

Originally posted by Slumdog View Post
    Discuss...
    Ok, I'll bite.

Pro - Quick and easy when you can't be arsed.

Cons - Not as fresh. Use more packaging and resources to be processed and transported. More expensive.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Well we've got Guinea Pigs so what do i feed them if I aint got no Carrot peelings? Not buying real food for the squeaky little sods.

Comment

AndyW peels my carrots.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Ok, I'll bite.

Pro - Quick and easy when you can't be arsed.

Cons - Not as fresh. Use more packaging and resources to be processed and transported. More expensive.
          Sounds like sheer laziness and I also agree with the point that they are not as fresh and do not last as long.

I was in shock when I saw them in my fridge upon returning home. How can one perform such an obscene act as purchasing peeled chopped carrots!

Comment

I take umbrage at the absence of a poll on an issue of such magnitude.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              I take umbrage at the absence of a poll on an issue of such magnitude.
              Test it

Comment

Originally posted by Slumdog View Post
                Test it
                You're going to be in trouble with the regulars;

Issue nr: 1

Severity: High

Description: No Andyw option.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

You're supposed to peel carrots? Oh, oh, wonder what cancers and other health problems I've let myself in for.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
                    AndyW peels my carrots.
                    Good job. I've seen what else he does with them.
                    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                    X