• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Put that hospital on hold. India needs another £1bn.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Did you make that up or do you believe it?

The Industrial Revolution was over shortly before the British Raj started.
    Robert Clive, 1st Baron Clive, KB (29 September 1725 – 22 November 1774), also known as Clive of India, was a British officer who established the military and political supremacy of the East India Company in Bengal. He is credited with securing India, and the wealth that followed, for the British crown.[1] Together with Warren Hastings he was one of the key figures in the creation of British
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
      Robert Clive, 1st Baron Clive, KB (29 September 1725 – 22 November 1774
      And these days, we call them Bob.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        There are three times as many billionaires in India as there are in the UK.

India is very wealthy but has a lot of poor people.

I think a dose of Middle East style revolutions etc would soon sort out India, rather than a small bankrupt country like the UK borrowing even more money so it can send it to one of the world's richest countries.
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
          Indeed. Two hundred years after he pillaged and made us rich, we're giving it all back. At least they got railways and a civil service out of it, all we'll get is sharia law.
          Since when was the wealth of the Empire given to the working class? The wealth went to government officials and to large companies, directors and shareholders. It is they who should pay back.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Foreign aid is a joke. We give money to Singapore, FFS.
            You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

They will be wanting this back then:

What is the ugly spot in the middle?

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post

Have we done this one recently?

Link
                No need to get your knickers in a twist, AtW.

As others have said, it must be a one billion sprat to catch a ten billion mackerel.

Not even NuLab would be stupid enough to hand over a billion, or indeed anything, to India without expecting to come out ahead in the long run.

(Please reassure me that's true )
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  Not even NuLab would be stupid enough to hand over a billion, or indeed anything, to India without expecting to come out ahead in the long run.

(Please reassure me that's true )
                  OwlHoot, you're getting a bit delusional again. You've not been taking your tablets, have you?
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                  X