• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's the sun

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The final paragraph of the cited paper:
    Changes in extraterrestrial irradiance over the solar cycle surely contribute a portion of the variability deduced at the polar surface for the 320–400 nm region, although the magnitude of this contribution is uncertain. However, the inferred solar cycle dependence in the 400–600 nm visible band is too large to be of extraterrestrial origin unless one adopts values at the lowest end of the error range. Uncorrected instrument drifts and discontinuities can always introduce artifacts into a dataset. However, for this to explain the observed behavior, any such unknown problems must have a spurious correlation with the solar cycle. Given the small magnitude of the inferred changes, the uncertainties in the measurements and the limited duration of the dataset, a confirmation of the solar cycle effect based on independent data would be of value.

(My emphasis.)

It seems to me that the portion of the conclusion I have emboldened suggests that it isn't the Sun.
    Last edited by NickFitz; 16 February 2011, 01:20. Reason: Clarifying that I had emphasised one sentence.

Comment

Indirectly, basically evidence supporting the fact that the electromagnetic field of the sun varies the amount of cosmic rdaiation, which in turn changes the amount of cloud, which then affects the amount of solar radiation reaching the surface.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Simple cause for Global warming.

Insufficient green taxes. At least that's what the world Government's seem to think. They don't do anything except raise taxes using Global warming as an excuse.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
          That's a graph. Simple words please.
          We're in the Tulip.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
            The CO2 problem in 6 easy steps

nb Natural vs anthropogenic influence on climate

Source: Meehl 2004 http://cawcr.gov.au/bmrc/clfor/cfsta...additivity.pdf
            Do you just lurk silently around here until a gerbil worming thread appears?
            You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

Last edited by BlasterBates; 16 February 2011, 11:18.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

More CO2 means bigger plants and trees.

Help! We're all going to be killed by giant mutant killer petunias!

Can't the government DO SOMETHING for once to save us!

Like increase taxes!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Help! We're all going to be killed by giant mutant killer petunias!
                  I thought Petunia Dursley was a muggle?

http://www.lemonwade.com/wp-content/...od-475x332.jpg
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                  X