• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Talk me out of buying a V8 petrol 4x4

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
    Oil burning V10 VW toe-rag?
    Slower than the petrol 4.8is X5 and about 2 mpg better on fuel. No V8 roar loud enough to make pedestrian scowl at you on the school run.

Comment

Hurry up and buy it. More CO2 please it's bloody cold outside.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Range Rover it is then.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Range Rover it is then.
          I'll never go off road, so what's the point?

Actually, I do like the Range Rover Sport.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            I'll never go off road, so what's the point?

Actually, I do like the Range Rover Sport.
            Come the uprising when the proles take over you'll be glad you've got a 4x4 to escape off road.

Be prepared. Dib dib dib.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I've had numerous 4x4's over the years including the V6 X5 but the 4.8s is the dogs danglies ...

I would still get a Range Rover over that though. I've had 2 before and even though they break down all the time, and you get to know the AA Breakdown driver on first name terms, they're just addictive. In fact, I'm gonna look for another one now...

Comment

It does the job, but lacks any sort of premium image and is painfully sloooooow.
                Sounds perfect for you.
                Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Come the uprising when the proles take over you'll be glad you've got a 4x4 to escape off road.

Be prepared. Dib dib dib.
                  Some days it feels like they've already taken over
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                  X