Paul (movie)... Paul (movie)...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Paul (movie)...

  1. #1

    More time posting than coding

    Sands of Time has no reputation

    Sands of Time's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Howling at the Moon
    Posts
    357

    Thumbs down Paul (movie)...

    Don't.




    Bing!

  2. #2

    Potty-trained

    suityou01 is NOT a disguised employee

    suityou01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Skid row
    Posts
    21,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sands of Time View Post
    Don't.




    Bing!
    Pity. Cast looked good. Concept looked good. Where would you say it fell down?

    Rotten Tomatoes gives it 67%.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

  3. #3

    Double Godlike!

    stek - scorchio!

    stek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    East of Eden
    Posts
    11,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suityou01 View Post
    Pity. Cast looked good. Concept looked good. Where would you say it fell down?

    Rotten Tomatoes gives it 67%.
    There's an ok Cam on TPB, I nabbed it - can't be arsed watching it tho. Also nabbed a DVD rip of Burke and Hare - not too good either...

    Currently watching 'The girl with the dragon tattoo' - the Swedish one - three hours long as it was originally a TV series cut into a film, as where the subsequent two.

    I saw the film version with subs, so this is not to bad - u can fill in the gaps from memory of the film, and going hurdy-gurdy at the screen...

  4. #4

    More fingers than teeth

    OwlHoot - scorchio!

    OwlHoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sands of Time View Post

    Don't.


    Bing!
    Hmm, Paul (2011) gets 7.8 out of 10 on IMDB.

    I'm starting to wonder whether those IMDB scores are being rigged by film companies. There's every incentive.

    So anyone planning to see Never Say Never (2011) (1.1 out of 10) ?
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

  5. #5

    Grand Chief Guinea Pig

    Pogle 's job has never been outsourced

    Pogle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cat sitting for Schrödinger
    Posts
    4,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Hmm, Paul (2011) gets 7.8 out of 10 on IMDB.

    I'm starting to wonder whether those IMDB scores are being rigged by film companies. There's every incentive.

    So anyone planning to see Never Say Never (2011) (1.1 out of 10) ?
    i thought that was a new James Bond film , til I clicked on the link.
    No plans to see it at Pogle acres, my 10 year old daughter was asked in a shop the other day if she'd like to enter a competition to win a phone call from Justin Biber. The withering look she gave the assistant was priceless
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

    Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

  6. #6

    Jedi Like

    gingerjedi is too good to be a permie

    gingerjedi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Contractwr
    Posts
    9,604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sands of Time View Post
    Don't.




    Bing!
    Is that some sort of in-joke from the movie like:

    Dude


    Sweet!



    Or is it pish?

    Simon Pegg is usually good when working with Nick Frost, it's usually the David Schwimmer collaborations that fall well below par.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

  7. #7

    Super poster

    amcdonald is too good to be a permie

    amcdonald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Down the pub
    Posts
    3,090

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Simon Pegg is usually good when working with Nick Frost, it's usually the David Schwimmer collaborations that fall well below par.
    They're usually good, but I still think Spaced will be his career highlight
    Doing the needful since 1827

  8. #8

    Prehistoric

    thunderlizard is too good to be a permie


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    5,826

    Default

    It got a very good review in The Spectator.

  9. #9

    Jedi Like

    gingerjedi is too good to be a permie

    gingerjedi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Contractwr
    Posts
    9,604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amcdonald View Post
    They're usually good, but I still think Spaced will be their career highlight
    FTFY

    The paint ball episode, the faux street shootout and robot wars being particular favorites.

    "Timmy... get my tools"

    I have both series on DVD.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

  10. #10

    More fingers than teeth

    OwlHoot - scorchio!

    OwlHoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pogle View Post
    i thought that was a new James Bond film , til I clicked on the link.
    No plans to see it at Pogle acres, my 10 year old daughter was asked in a shop the other day if she'd like to enter a competition to win a phone call from Justin Biber. The withering look she gave the assistant was priceless


    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •