• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Revolution sweepstakes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FT.com / UK - Cameron calls for move to democracy

At last. Does this mean we get to vote for the EU president and will be able to vote on big things like going to war, immigration, debasing the currency and joining Europe? I haven't read the article so I will never know.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
      I think Gaddafi will last longer than that, and there will be a lot casualties.
      This will put off some states who have access to news quickly.
      Places like Algeria who are more cut-off may carry-on with their fight and their regimes may fall first.
      I'm not so sure about that. There are reports that the Libyan army is fighting the forces loyal to him, and Libya's diplomats at the UN are calling for other nations to intervene to stop him killing other Libyans. I reckon he's on his way out sooner rather than later.

It is of course a great tragedy that somebody who has been such a friend to this nation should be driven from the benevolent governance of his people by an unruly mob. Oh hang on, sorry, we're supposed to say that when it happens in Saudi Arabia. My mistake

Comment

What happens when islamic fundamentalists get voted in?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          What happens when islamic fundamentalists get voted in?
          You'd better learn the Koran and start growing a beard.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
          X