• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RBS bankers get £950m in bonuses despite £1.1bn loss

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post

What a lot of boll0x. So there are thousands of experienced contractors on the bench and they can't fill the vacancies? Drop requirement like "needed 1000 years experience in IB" and you'll get plenty of good candidates that can learn quickly even if it to gain 2-3 years IB experience before they jump.
    If you think logic plays a role in the western banking system you are an idiot.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      If you think logic plays a role in the western banking system you are an idiot.
      I am not talking about logic - I am referring to some basic competence in problem solving: if you need right people you find a way to get them (at the right price), even if you have to take some chances - ffs, that's what trial period is for.

Comment

I am not talking about logic - I am referring to some basic competence in problem solving: if you need right people you find a way to get them (at the right price), even if you have to take some chances - ffs, that's what trial period is for.
        In your case AtW, a trail period is something you offer graduates when you don't want to pay them much for working on SKA.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

You are talking about logic. The logic of hiring the right person for the job, which is unlikely to be the person who buggered it up last time. This logic is beyond western bankers.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            In your case AtW, a trail period is something you offer graduates when you don't want to pay them much for working on SKA.
            I said trial. Yes we ask for trial period for all people who are new to the business, this is normal practice in the UK, I am sure even banks have it.

Comment

I said trial. Yes we ask for trial period for all people who are new to the business, this is normal practice in the UK, I am sure even banks have it.
              AtW, did you notice, just a couple of years ago, that western banks, especially RBS, lost more money than had ever been earned in the history of the milky way galaxy and had to be rescued by governments that were already going bust?

That's how competent they are.

Comment

That's how competent they are.
                That was just due to them being greedy more than competent.

Comment

That was just due to them being greedy more than competent.
                  Can a greedy person ever be competent to look after somebody else's money?

Comment

Probably not, but we are talking about IT manager whose greed can be best served by providing the best people to support traders of tulip, that's another matter in my view.

Comment

Yes. Robert Maxwell.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X