Public Sewers!!!! Public Sewers!!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 25

Suffers Fools...Badly!

shaunbhoy is always on top

Default Public Sewers!!!!

[rant on]

On top of yesterday's footy disasters, had another problem with raw sewage seeping up onto the drive at Chez SB!!

Called out the "technicians" from South West Water who pronounced that it was a "Private" Issue and that it was down to ME to get it sorted!

Wrong on a whole range of measures!
    Firstly the property (and associated underground pipework) predate 1937 by a considerable margin.

Secondly, the system that crisscrosses under and across our property is also fed into from at least one other old property.
    This constitutes a "Section 24", and makes the Sewerage Provider (SWW) liable for any and all repairs.

Thirdly, in the last decade we have had at least 2 other similar issues, and on both occasions SWW have acknowledged culpability and on the last occasion even sent me a partial refund of my sewerage costs.

Furthermore, this latest "blockage" appears to be beyond my boundary in any event, so the issue of responsibility is rendered irrelevant.

And on top of that, in a few weeks time the Water Companies are to assume ownership of all public and private sewers in any event.

I am in no doubt that they will have little option but to concur with my prognosis and make suitable repairs. Just extremely narked at the slopey-shouldered chump they sent out yesterday. If they send him again I may well dunk his fooking head down the offending inspection chamber for a closer look!!!

Aaaaaaarrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!!

[/rant off]

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Super poster

amcdonald is too good to be a permie

How inconvenient for you
    Doing the needful since 1827

Richer than sasguru

DimPrawn is always on top

Talking

You're full of sh1t!
    SARS-CoV-2 - Finally something from China that still works as designed.

Banned

TykeMerc 's job has never been outsourced

Irritating that, I had several weeks of "debate" with Yorkshire water over something similar, the busted sewer was under a public pavement though. House (and sewer) over 100 years old.

The biggest issue I had was that despite it clearly being an old sewer it wasn't on any of the maps held by the Council or Water companies.

Your main and unbeatable argument is they've admitted ownership in the recent past, they can't get past that one.

Richer than sasguru

DimPrawn is always on top

SARS-CoV-2 - Finally something from China that still works as designed.

Potty-trained

suityou01 is NOT a disguised employee

Wiiiiiilmslooooooooooooow

[Canned laughter]
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Suffers Fools...Badly!

Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    You're full of sh1t!
    Not yet.............but we're getting there!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

My post count is Majestic

d000hg - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Firstly the property (and associated underground pipework) predate 1937 by a considerable margin.

Secondly, the system that crisscrosses under and across our property is also fed into from at least one other old property.
    This constitutes a "Section 24", and makes the Sewerage Provider (SWW) liable for any and all repairs.

Thirdly, in the last decade we have had at least 2 other similar issues, and on both occasions SWW have acknowledged culpability and on the last occasion even sent me a partial refund of my sewerage costs.

Furthermore, this latest "blockage" appears to be beyond my boundary in any event, so the issue of responsibility is rendered irrelevant.

And on top of that, in a few weeks time the Water Companies are to assume ownership of all public and private sewers in any event.
    I found imagining this in the voice of either Frank Spencer or Milton Waddams was most appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing

Suffers Fools...Badly!

Quote Originally Posted by d000hg View Post
    I found imagining this in the voice of either Frank Spencer or Milton Waddams was most appropriate.

"Imagining" plays a big part in your life, doesn't it d000hg?

My post count is Majestic

d000hg - scorchio!

From someone who thinks Scotland have at least one good football team, that's a bit rich.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing