• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Natural gas prices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Natural gas price

Oil price

Gas looks cheap.

Buy gas producers, processors, transport and storage companies.
    Gas prices are more volatile. Oil is expensive because production costs are higher, and there's greater uncertainty about supply (not least due to middle-east unrest). But Oil and Gas are not substitutable, they have quite different sets of uses, and so it shouldn't be assumed that the price of one will follow the other.
    "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      So what classifies as 'man made' then?
      Town gas is made by an industrial distillation process from coal (possibly other hydrocarbons can be used I'm not sure), arguably it's manufactured. Natural gas comes out of the ground more or less as is, sometimes they have to filter off some other gasses depending on the source, plus they add the smell so people notice a leak.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
        Town gas is made by an industrial distillation process from coal (possibly other hydrocarbons can be used I'm not sure), arguably it's manufactured. Natural gas comes out of the ground more or less as is, sometimes they have to filter off some other gasses depending on the source, plus they add the smell so people notice a leak.
        Thank you for that Eric Olthwaite. Now................what about Precipitation?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          Thank you for that Eric Olthwaite. Now................what about Precipitation?

None today although there is a light mist which has the possibility of turning into drizzle, only time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
            None today although there is a light mist which has the possibility of turning into drizzle, only time will tell.
            And Howard Moulson's new shovel? Wi't Brass Handle?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              A lot of gas in Europe supplied by Gazprom (disclaimer: I am a shareholder) is linked to oil prices with 9 months lag...
              I thought you despised the Oligarchs, where are your principles man?

One of my mates is a trader for Gazprom, he started with a £500k golden hello... different world.

I don't see much of him these days.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
              X