• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thank God For America

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank God For America

Recently I've been starting my day having breakfast whilst watching the excellent comedies Everyone Loves Raymond and Frasier on Channel 4.

What a difference it makes to my day having this injection of joy instead of the doom and gloom and irrelevancies that pass as news these days.

Also these shows completely outclass the infantilised pap that passes for contemporary British humour. If I hear the expression "a little bit of wee came out" one more time....

America, **** Yeah
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
      Poor you.

Comment

There's another one that comes on just after Frasier called According to Jim. I only get to see about 5 minutes of that before I have to leave. Looks good though. Then of course back to back Friends on Saturday mornings.

My point is that there has been great British humour and there still is but a lot of it is just pathetic and infantilised (the incontinent old lady on Little Britain is a case in point); the fact that grown men and women like it is quite beyond me but, then again, when I look at people in their 30s sat around me here with their Dr Who screensavers, I can see where they get their audience from.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
          Recently I've been starting my day having breakfast whilst watching the excellent comedies Everyone Loves Raymond and Frasier on Channel 4.

What a difference it makes to my day having this injection of joy instead of the doom and gloom and irrelevancies that pass as news these days.

Also these shows completely outclass the infantilised pap that passes for contemporary British humour. If I hear the expression "a little bit of wee came out" one more time....
          Some American comedy is really good, if a bit slushy and sentimental in places. But that rapid fire wise cracking comedy style leaves me cold.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I don't think there's been a decent British comedy since Father Ted (and that was kind of Irish). I can't agree with Everybody Loves Raymond, that's deadly dull, but certainly The Big Bang Theory is the funniest show in years.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              I don't think there's been a decent British comedy since Father Ted (and that was kind of Irish). I can't agree with Everybody Loves Raymond, that's deadly dull, but certainly The Big Bang Theory is the funniest show in years.
              Agreed, especially about ELR, possibly the worst 'comedy' ever.

Big Bang and Modern Family are top viewing IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                Spaced? Mighty Boosh? IT Crowd?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Spaced? Mighty Boosh? IT Crowd?
                  I thought they were quite old now.

Peep show was also quality.

Infact ignore my previous post agreeing about no good Brit comedy. I was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    I thought they were quite old now.

Peep show was also quality.

Infact ignore my previous post agreeing about no good Brit comedy. I was wrong.
                    Rev was quite funny if a little obvious
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X