Climate Change Poll Climate Change Poll

View Poll Results: Do you believe in AGW

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Believe it brother, AGW is real

    8 30.77%
  • AGW is bollox

    18 69.23%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1

    More fingers than teeth

    BlasterBates - scorchio!

    BlasterBates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    1922 Commitee
    Posts
    14,835

    Default Climate Change Poll

    Let's settle this once and for all with a CUK consensus.
    I'm alright Jack

  2. #2

    Obstinate Git

    Mich the Tester is NOT a disguised employee

    Mich the Tester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Euroland
    Posts
    27,890

    Default

    No Andyw option, no vote.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

  3. #3

    Banned

    TykeMerc 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    8,066

    Default

    I voted the nearest option to "I'm not convinced that the evidence and science is comprehensive".

    I don't deny that CO2 emitted by human civilisation might be having an effect on the global climate, but I've yet to see evidence that it probably is let alone that it certainly is responsible. Climate changes are a normal part of how the planet functions, you only have to take a look at the fossil records to see that.

  4. #4

    More fingers than teeth

    TimberWolf is too good to be a permie

    TimberWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    17,505

    Default

    I'd have preferred a multiple choice poll.

  5. #5

    My post count is Majestic

    d000hg - scorchio!

    d000hg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    32,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Let's settle this once and for all with a CUK consensus.
    I know it wouldn't be applicable to most here who like to argue about AGW, but where's the "I'm intelligent enough to realise I don't know enough to know for sure" option?

    Although I'll vote whichever way you want if it'll shut you up.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing

  6. #6

    Richer than sasguru

    DimPrawn is always on top

    DimPrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Covid City
    Posts
    36,161

    Default

    Even I'm bored with it now!
    SARS-CoV-2 - Finally something from China that still works as designed.

  7. #7

    Obstinate Git

    Mich the Tester is NOT a disguised employee

    Mich the Tester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Euroland
    Posts
    27,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d000hg View Post
    "I'm intelligent enough to realise I don't know enough to know for sure"

    [SIZE="1"]
    whs
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

  8. #8

    Suffers Fools...Badly!

    shaunbhoy is always on top

    shaunbhoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    South Devon
    Posts
    30,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d000hg View Post
    Although I'll vote whichever way you want if it'll shut you up.
    What options need to be added to get YOU to shut up?

    You are always piling into threads that you claim don't interest you and chiming in with irrelevant soundbites.

    Honestly................isn't there a God-Bothering Forum you'd feel more at home in?

    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

  9. #9

    More fingers than teeth

    BlasterBates - scorchio!

    BlasterBates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    1922 Commitee
    Posts
    14,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d000hg View Post
    I know it wouldn't be applicable to most here who like to argue about AGW, but where's the "I'm intelligent enough to realise I don't know enough to know for sure" option?

    Although I'll vote whichever way you want if it'll shut you up.
    Do you have a mainframe access that forces you read everything to get to the threads you want to read?

    I find it quite fascinating you keep reading and posting in boring threads.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 3rd March 2011 at 18:19.
    I'm alright Jack

  10. #10

    Super poster

    pjclarke 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,832

    Default

    Stands to reason. As you move from 'General Public' to 'Active Climate Researcher' the proportion who answer yes to the question Do you think human activity is a significant contributing factor in changing mean global temperatures? increases, ending up at 97%.



    Source Given the degree of informedness round here I am mildly surprised the correct answer got as many votes as it did ... ;-)
    Last edited by pjclarke; 3rd March 2011 at 22:50.
    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •