• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

physical aggression in work

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cojak View Post
    That featured in a larger part of my reasoning than OH's explanation, I'll admit.
    No results found for "I am a girl of 43 years". That's depressing.

(Although there will be one soon!)

Comment

Thank christ for that, I was starting to think it was the little spanish girl whose bum I pinched yesterday as she was bending down to get a s*xual harrassment claim form out of my bottom drawer.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
        Assault is a criminal offence. If I were in your position I would call the police.
        If everything happened in front of your manager, why did you email your boss? Are they different people?
        Yes they are different people. Mi manager is the right hand of my Boss. Put it in a way that my manager is the intermediary between my boss and hiring freezes, because my boss is a person who believes that having a lot of money does not have to waste time talking to their employees.
        2 months ago said goodbye thing to a female partner siemple by the fact of discrimination, which is also the case in court.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
          Well, mimi - not sure General is the best place for this, but I'm not sure it fits elsewhere either...
          Assuming this is for real - you should speak to HR - the company should have clear policies and procedures for harassment and grievance in place, which may apply here. The nature of the assault, whether there were witnesses to it - and many other factors will need to be considered.

Whether you're contractor or perm - there are normally procedures in place that you can turn to. If you have some difficulties with English then I recommend a bilingual intermediary, whether provided by the company or through your own network.

I'm not a lawyer, but you should not tolerate anything of this kind. If you've been assaulted you are perfectly within your rights to press charges, regardless of the company's position.

The problem is that it is a small company and has no HR. To me it is a shock going back to work knowing that my assailant is still in business. This man is a violent person, not just what happened to me yesterday morning, but by many previous facts of behavior. I have fear that this man wait for my one night en route to my house!

Comment

physical aggression in work

The problem is that the company I work for has no HR. It is a small business. The second is that I do not know the laws in this country and I fear that up to being assaulted physically see me run out of job! I really do not understand. Yesterday my boss did not bother to call to see how are i am or know what had happened. It's totally humiliating.

Comment

Working...
            X