• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PRINCE2 RE-Registration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PRINCE2 RE-Registration

Happy Sunday everyone.

So I have done all the Prince2 Practitioner exams a while ago and undertook the Practioner re-registration exam in 2006.

Re-registration has to be done every 5 years and so I am due to do this later this year. I am in two minds whether to, given I have only ever been asked during role applications/interviews if I am Prince2 Practitioner and not if I have ever re-registered.

I know there is a case of refreshing myself with Prince2 and also of any changes that have taken place and it does only cost around £200 for the exam only (refresher course + exam costs around £1k I recall) but not sure if it was worth doing. Has anyone bothered to go through re-registration ?

I'm not going to bother. Can't say anyone has ever vetted me and its not a qualification that means anything. Now if I didn't renew my DGSA or ADR licence then yes, I'd be looking at some serious consequences.

Comment

You can still put on your CV that you've done Prince 2, you'd be better off spending the money on the latest paper tiger like ITIL

They're all just money making schemes that make you wish you'd invented them first, they're almost a good a scam as carbon credits
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
        You can still put on your CV that you've done Prince 2, you'd be better off spending the money on the latest paper tiger like ITIL

They're all just money making schemes that make you wish you'd invented them first, they're almost a good a scam as carbon credits
        ECNIRP is the next big thing!

Comment

Mine is up this year as well and I'm not going to bother.

The only reason I got it in the first place was because most job specs required it. I see it being asked for less and less as more people get qualified and more people realise that it isn't the solution to their problems.
          If they start asking for my prince2 to be current then I might renew, otherwise, what is the point?
          If anything, it will be P3O or whatever the latest fad is.

Al.
          Back at the coal face

Comment

PRINCE2:2009 Re-register exam

The PRINCE2:2009 update provides a lot of added value for any Project Manager and I would at least suggest reading over a PRINCE2:2009 manual if you are interested in Project Management. Then you can decide if you need to follow a classroom or do a self study course and take the exam.

Regards
            Frank

Comment

My Prince2 Practitioner expires in just under 2 weeks, I don't think I'll bother re-registering. It's not like my 10+ years of PM experience will evaporate with the qualification timing out.

When I've got some bench time I might bother to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePRINCE2coach View Post
                The PRINCE2:2009 update provides a lot of added value for any Project Manager and I would at least suggest reading over a PRINCE2:2009 manual if you are interested in Project Management. Then you can decide if you need to follow a classroom or do a self study course and take the exam.

Regards
                Frank
                Advice from someone that seems to make a living from selling PRICE2 related articles? PRINCE2 is useless and if the public sector didn't seem to want to waste money like it was going out of fashion would probably never have happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                  Advice from someone that seems to make a living from selling PRICE2 related articles? PRINCE2 is useless and if the public sector didn't seem to want to waste money like it was going out of fashion would probably never have happened.
                  Oh it's not useless, I'd never agree with that, it provides a framework and logic that people can work to/within.
                  Admittedly 90+% of it is common sense or just putting names to things that PM's already automatically do. The one thing it taught me was product base planning approach which is quite handy, the rest of it I already knew and used so Prince2 gave me names for things.

Comment

Making it easier

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                    I can understand that some people see these kind of methods and certifications as over the top and there is some truth in this. I think both PRINCE2 and ITIL are valuable, however I did get quite annoyed when learning PRINCE2 as there was not enough practical examples on how to use it, too much theory, too many classroom slides, in fact you needed to have good PM experience to keep up. Everybody passed the exam but I wondered how many people could give a 5 minute overview of PRINCE2 after the course.

What next, well I could keep complaining or do something about it. So I decided to write a PRINCE2 Foundation Training manual that would address these issues and make it easier for readers to understand and make this freely available. Have a look and tell me what you think: The PRINCE2 Foundation Training Manual (draft)

It's in PDF format, so it is easy for me to keep updating it based on the feedback I get.
                    Frank
                    Last edited by ThePRINCE2coach; 4 April 2011, 15:11.

Comment

Working...
                    X