• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

World STILL cold, infact getting colder.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought you got paid to shut them down and not annoy everyone.

Isn't this the environmental version of a protection racket..

"Hey guv you don't wanna wind generator blade through yer shop window"
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke
      'Cold' defined here as 'fractionally below the average for 1979 - 1998'. The average temperature for each of those decades being warmer than the last btw.

I see how this works, back when we had snow in December while the global temperature had just shown the warmest figure on record , then it is the local conditions that matter.

When the global temperatures fluctuate downwards, driven by La Nina, while Spring arrives locally, why then of course it is the global figure that we need to be mindful of.

Thanks. Got that.
      Indeed it's cooling ....and your "warming heyday" is coming to an end.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Nice day here anyway. I'm off for a jog. Pity all the cow pats will be a bit too cold for a spot of pleasuring.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

The highly respected former German Chancellor Helmut Schmidt said this about the IPCC at a recent talk:

The publications provided by an international group of scientists (the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, IPCC) have encountered skepticism, especially since some of their researchers have shown themselves to be fraudsters (Betrger).
          http://bishophill.squarespace.com/bl...raudsters.html

Lets all guess which one of them are fraudsters.

I'll start. I spy with my little eye a fraudster beginning with "Phil".
          Last edited by BlasterBates; 7 March 2011, 13:35.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            The highly respected former German Chancellor Helmut Schmidt said this about the IPCC at a recent talk:

- Bishop Hill blog - Schmidt calls IPCC "fraudsters"

Lets all guess which one of them are fraudsters.

I'll start. I spy with my little eye a fraudster beginning with "Phil".
            Phil, ...phil

i know

Phil Mypockets

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              Phil, ...phil

i know

Phil Mypockets

The well known homosexual insulation installer (save fuel, save carbon), Phil McCavity.

Comment

World going one way, people another yo.
                "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

This is the same Roy Spencer who has stated:

"Twenty years ago, as a PhD scientist, I intensely studied the evolution versus intelligent design controversy for about two years. And finally, despite my previous acceptance of evolutionary theory as 'fact,' I came to the realization that intelligent design, as a theory of origins, is no more religious, and no less scientific, than evolutionism. . . . In the scientific community, I am not alone. There are many fine books out there on the subject. Curiously, most of the books are written by scientists who lost faith in evolution as adults, after they learned how to apply the analytical tools they were taught in college."

and

"I finally became convinced that the theory of creation actually had a much better scientific basis than the theory of evolution, for the creation model was actually better able to explain the physical and biological complexity in the world... Science has startled us with its many discoveries and advances, but it has hit a brick wall in its attempt to rid itself of the need for a creator and designer."

Both quotations from wikipedia. Perhaps people think this is relevant to his scientific credibility and perhaps they don't.

Comment

Not totally convinced about evolution myself but then if there was a creator who created him? A set of guiding laws that grew from nothing or has always existed is no less credible than an intelligent being who did so.

The concept of god is not any sort of solution, just a means of ducking the questions.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X