• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is there a bigger fashion faux pas than...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    wearing a short sleeved shirt and a tie?!

(This annoys me more than when I worked with a bunch of scientist who would regularly wear sandals with socks on)
    IMHO that's not a fashion faux pas, it's merely a style that you happen not to like. I don't do it but it makes sense to me: tie because that's the code in that place, short sleeves because that suits the interior climate.

But I see sleeve length as a choice, not a fashion. Maybe I just don't understand this concept "fashion".
    Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
      IMHO that's not a fashion faux pas, it's merely a style that you happen not to like. I don't do it but it makes sense to me: tie because that's the code in that place, short sleeves because that suits the interior climate.

But I see sleeve length as a choice, not a fashion. Maybe I just don't understand this concept "fashion".
      Indeed. I also see nothing wrong with hanging a selection of coloured bic biros in the pocket of my short sleeved shirt. Even better if there's a lurid green protractor sticking out. It's a choice, and indeed a fashion statement. Only this season though.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        wearing a short sleeved shirt and a tie?!
        Tell it to this guy...

It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Indeed. I also see nothing wrong with hanging a selection of coloured bic biros in the pocket of my short sleeved shirt. Even better if there's a lurid green protractor sticking out. It's a choice, and indeed a fashion statement. Only this season though.
          P*** O**. I don't do any of those things.
          Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
            P*** O**. I don't do any of those things.
            Wait 'till you see the spring 2012 collections. You will!

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

you're forgetting the green woolly socks and brown open toed sandals with your knoee length shorts
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Current trend in Zurich

Black skin tight leggings
                Black fur trim ankle boots

Sorry but they look like poodles
                Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

When it's the height of summer I'd rather look unfashionable than be sweaty

I draw the line at Mankinis though
                  Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
                    Current trend in Zurich

Black skin tight leggings
                    Black fur trim ankle boots

Sorry but they look like poodles
                    And what do the women wear?

Comment

Have we mentioned adults wearing crocs yet?

Comment

Working...
                      X