• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cereal box health warning

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cereal box health warning

Breakfast cereal manufacturers are to stop using recycled cardboard in packaging after a study indicated that current boxes could pose a cancer risk.

Cereal box health warning after recycled cardboard study - Telegraph
    Yeah, but on the other hand it helps to save the environment, assuming toxic cereal munchers aren't planted under trees obviously.

Don't they test these things before, dare I say it, they are given the green light?

Can't be bothered to read it, but all the cereal I've ever bought is in a waxy plastic/paper bag inside the box, not in the box itself.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Can't be bothered to read it, but all the cereal I've ever bought is in a waxy plastic/paper bag inside the box, not in the box itself.
      Mineral oils leach through the plastic.

They can cause internal organ inflammation and even cancer. It's from the ink used in the news print I think.

We never got this tulip when we was kids, eating chish and fips out of the newspaper ffs
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

The alert was sparked when researchers in Switzerland found that mineral oils in printing ink from recycled newspapers used in cardboard can get into foods - even passing through protective inner plastic bags.
        Pardon my ignorance, but isn't that an even stronger alert not to read newspapers? At least without the Name Of The Rose solution.
        Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Researchers found toxic chemicals from recycled newspapers had contaminated food sold in many cardboard cartons.

- BBC News - Food sold in recycled cardboard packaging 'poses risk'

So, in other words, the Daily Mail causes cancer

Comment

Working...
          X