• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IQ and Race

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IQ and Race

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/4785574.stm

Why are his views "abhorrent" if there is genuine data backing his claim?

Discuss, abuse Chico or post some breasts on Test Please Delete.
    Last edited by sasguru; 8 March 2006, 16:51.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru

Indeed.
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru

Why are his views "abhorrent" if there is genuine data backing his claim?

Ouch, what a sensitive one. If the data backs it up then isn't just like any other report? Can't see it being stomached very easily though. I predict a riot (at Leeds University).
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

I have evidence that the earth is round and goes around the sun, but I daren't tell anyone because I will be hounded out of my job.

Comment

White people on average are inferior sprinters. Sorry, being abhorent there.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

You are Galileo and you're going down boy

Originally posted by PerlOfWisdom
            I have evidence that the earth is round and goes around the sun, but I daren't tell anyone because I will be hounded out of my job.
            Torquemada
            Why not?

Comment

Well the reason I posted this is because I disagree that there are certain issues that cannot or should not be discussed. You may argue against his theory provided you have marshalled your evidence (if you have some).
              But a knee jerk reaction calling him a racist is wrong.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
                Torquemada
                Torque wrench?

Comment

Steady on

Originally posted by Churchill
                  Torque wrench?
                  Oh I see what you mean, err, yes indeed.
                  Why not?

Comment

Dr Munira Mirza, a tutor in multiculturalism and community relations at the University of Kent, told 5 Live she believed IQ differences could be explained by social and historical factors and did not exist for biological reasons.
                    Putting aside the rubbish title this person holds I think he/she may be on to something (well at least the social bit, I dont believe something that happened 1000 years ago affects how brainy people are now).

If you come from a poor social background then I guess you are more likely to be dumb? And since blacks make up the majority of those who inhabit the poor social areas then I guess this russkie aint really telling us anything we dont already know.

Mailman

Comment

Working...
                    X