IQ and Race IQ and Race
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 47

Thread: IQ and Race

  1. #1

    Better than AtW

    sasguru - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    35,761

    Default IQ and Race

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/4785574.stm

    Why are his views "abhorrent" if there is genuine data backing his claim?

    Discuss, abuse Chico or post some breasts on Test Please Delete.
    Last edited by sasguru; 8th March 2006 at 16:51.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

  2. #2

    Geeklike

    Xenophon has more data than eek

    Xenophon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    CUK
    Posts
    8,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sasguru
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/4785574.stm

    Discuss, abuse Chico or post some breasts on Test Please Delete.

    Indeed.
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

  3. #3

    Geeklike

    Xenophon has more data than eek

    Xenophon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    CUK
    Posts
    8,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sasguru
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/4785574.stm

    Why are his views "abhorrent" if there is genuine data backing his claim?

    Discuss, abuse Chico or post some breasts on Test Please Delete.
    Ouch, what a sensitive one. If the data backs it up then isn't just like any other report? Can't see it being stomached very easily though. I predict a riot (at Leeds University).
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

  4. #4

    Fingers like lightning

    PerlOfWisdom is too good to be a permie


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    530

    Default

    I have evidence that the earth is round and goes around the sun, but I daren't tell anyone because I will be hounded out of my job.

  5. #5

    Lord of the Vectras

    VectraMan - scorchio!

    VectraMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    European Union (Yorkshire)
    Posts
    11,442

    Default

    White people on average are inferior sprinters. Sorry, being abhorent there.

  6. #6

    Contractor Among Contractors

    Dundeegeorge is too good to be a permie

    Dundeegeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,760

    Default You are Galileo and you're going down boy

    Quote Originally Posted by PerlOfWisdom
    I have evidence that the earth is round and goes around the sun, but I daren't tell anyone because I will be hounded out of my job.
    Torquemada

  7. #7

    Better than AtW

    sasguru - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    35,761

    Default

    Well the reason I posted this is because I disagree that there are certain issues that cannot or should not be discussed. You may argue against his theory provided you have marshalled your evidence (if you have some).
    But a knee jerk reaction calling him a racist is wrong.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

  8. #8

    Banned

    Churchill has more data than eek

    Churchill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    On the rug licking my balls.
    Posts
    25,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dundeegeorge
    Torquemada
    Torque wrench?

  9. #9

    Contractor Among Contractors

    Dundeegeorge is too good to be a permie

    Dundeegeorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Steady on

    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill
    Torque wrench?
    Oh I see what you mean, err, yes indeed.

  10. #10

    Super poster

    Mailman has no reputation


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,519

    Default

    Dr Munira Mirza, a tutor in multiculturalism and community relations at the University of Kent, told 5 Live she believed IQ differences could be explained by social and historical factors and did not exist for biological reasons.
    Putting aside the rubbish title this person holds I think he/she may be on to something (well at least the social bit, I dont believe something that happened 1000 years ago affects how brainy people are now).

    If you come from a poor social background then I guess you are more likely to be dumb? And since blacks make up the majority of those who inhabit the poor social areas then I guess this russkie aint really telling us anything we dont already know.

    Mailman

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •