• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend

It's been a while (about a week actually...) since we had a weekend thread. As the weather seems particularly nice - what's everyone's plans for the weekend?
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Playing Rockabilly what else

We're out in the country on Saturday evening playing at a "Ranch". It will be an outside gig.

Nothing like a few free beers and bit of rockabilly, get paid for it as well.

Last edited by BlasterBates; 25 March 2011, 09:42.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Hmmm, probably hit the garden.

Tempted to spark up the bbq for the first time this year.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I shall be doing a bit of spring cleaning, some exercise, and working my way through a few DVDs that I've been putting off for a while for various reasons.

I may also breakout the music toys in order to convince myself I am a talentless git and they need to go on ebay. The pile of two generations old Cisco kit on the floor of my lounge might end up on there as well, and perhaps some of the DVDs I've accumulated over the last 2 years. I need a sort of general clear out really.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Bugger all, all weekend I hope. We did very little last weekend and it was ace

Next few are busy so will be good to have a chill out one.

Although, we'll need a trip to the post office tomorrow so I can post off some eBay stuff.
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            I shall be doing a bit of spring cleaning, some exercise, and working my way through a few DVDs that I've been putting off for a while for various reasons.

I may also breakout the music toys in order to convince myself I am a talentless git and they need to go on ebay. The pile of two generations old Cisco kit on the floor of my lounge might end up on there as well, and perhaps some of the DVDs I've accumulated over the last 2 years. I need a sort of general clear out really.
            thats pretty much what I did last weekend. Listed tonnes of stuff on eBay. It's time consuming but worth it, in the end.
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
              thats pretty much what I did last weekend. Listed tonnes of stuff on eBay. It's time consuming but worth it, in the end.
              Yeah, it's good for the soul to declutter now and then. The money is a bonus, although I'm sure I used to give stuff to the charity shop instead of ebay it, perhaps I will do that for stuff that doesn't sell.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Yeah, it's good for the soul to declutter now and then. The money is a bonus, although I'm sure I used to give stuff to the charity shop instead of ebay it, perhaps I will do that for stuff that doesn't sell.
                Are charity shops going to be interested in old Cisco gear ?

Comment

There's a warehouse in Manchester that buys old clothes for £5 for 10 kilos...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                    Are charity shops going to be interested in old Cisco gear ?
                    Nope, but that will definitely sell. They might take some of the DVDs though.

Comment

Working...
                    X