• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No acceleration in Sea level rises

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I agree. However that's still the case in areas of science like quantum physics and yet we were able to do things with the results even decades ago, despite not knowing everything.

In science if you wait until you know everything before acting, you never will... you can only go on what you know right now and modify your thinking as new knowledge is gained.
    But I never said the science was settled, someone else said that. In my view, anyone who claims that something as massively complex as the earths climate is fully understood is either an idiot or a fraudster.
    As you say, quantum physics could do things, even when not fully understood, what has that got to do with the cagw debate ? The big mistake they made with Kilimajaro was making a prediction too close in time, so it could be verified in our lifetime.
    They have taken an existing trend, warming, added an idea, agw, created models to perpetuate that trend, hyped it up into cagw and now want to take control of the levers of the worlds economy.
    It is not science to create an unfalsifiable hypothesis, claim it is settled and then base the worlds economy on the oucome.
    It's something, but its not science

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I hold no special brief for Al Gore, and his behaviour has no bearing on the ability of CO2 to warm the planet, but I do know he has substantial holdings in, and is on the board of both Apple and Google. I would speculate that these made him substantially more than his tiny stakes in 'green' investments. I do know on his Tennessee house

Gore "has completed a host of improvements to make the home more energy efficient, and a building-industry group has praised the house as one of the nation's most environmentally friendly [...] 'Short of tearing it down and starting anew, I don't know how it could have been rated any higher,' said Kim Shinn of the non-profit U.S. Green Building Council, which gave the house its second-highest rating for sustainable design.
      I also know that 100% of the profits from his climate books, his Oscar winning movie, and his Nobel prize money were donated to an educational charity he founded.

Presumably the Nobel prize committee are either a bunch of rubes, or part of the conspiracy .... ?
      My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
        I hold no special brief for Al Gore, and his behaviour has no bearing on the ability of CO2 to warm the planet, but I do know he has substantial holdings in, and is on the board of both Apple and Google. I would speculate that these made him substantially more than his tiny stakes in 'green' investments. I do know on his Tennessee house

I also know that 100% of the profits from his climate books, his Oscar winning movie, and his Nobel prize money were donated to an educational charity he founded.

Presumably the Nobel prize committee are either a bunch of rubes, or part of the conspiracy .... ?
        look
        Newton is remembered for an apple falling on his head
        Darwin is remembered for his big beard
        Einstein is remembered for e = mc2

your lot will be remembered for a bloated, thick as pigsh1 t, failed american politician claiming that the science was settled. learn to live with it pj

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)

Comment

You seem unusually serious EO. Make with the funny.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

George Carlin (RIP) always nailed it on the head for me!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              You seem unusually serious EO. Make with the funny.
              yeah, sorry about that.
              i should have learned the lesson, its not a good idea to get serious about something you are not an expert in

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

Watt about this?

They add their voices to several other studies that have concluded sea levels will rise faster than projected by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) in its landmark 2007 assessment.

Comment

Working...
                X