• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

James Bulger’s mother: Unmask my son's killers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Seen the 'I have kids' line many times on this subject.

Are people without children not eligible to make decision on the subject? If my neighbour gets his car broken into and I do not drive but my other neighbour does do I have less say in the matter of the outcome when the perp gets caught?

'I have kids' 'throw away the key'
    Its ridiculous isnt it ?

almost as bad as saying people without a degree dont know what they are talking about

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Seen the 'I have kids' line many times on this subject.

Are people without children not eligible to make decision on the subject? If my neighbour gets his car broken into and I do not drive but my other neighbour does do I have less say in the matter of the outcome when the perp gets caught?

Actually, in this thread the opposite seems to be true. Those with kids possibly seeing 10 year olds for what they are - kids.

Comment

Seen the 'I have kids' line many times on this subject

Eh? Who said that? What you going on about?
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
          In a healthy society no one would hurt a toddler, but it is NOT fine to leave them alone. A two year old is quite capable of hurting himself. No matter how hard it is, it's your responsibility to supervise the child.
          Didn't realise it was in a public place, that's a bit different. I was thinking about the namby-pamby "can't leave poor sweetums for 2s to go to the loo" attitude.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Apparently one or both of them often watched a horror film called Chucky, about a malevolent animated doll or something, and the crime was largely playing out one of this character's nasty tricks.
            Pretty sure the press made that association up.

On the main point, IMHO they should still be in jail given the nature of the crime and thereby naming them becomes a moot point, although the judge did allow them to be named at the time.
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
              Pretty sure the press made that association up.

On the main point, IMHO they should still be in jail given the nature of the crime and thereby naming them becomes a moot point, although the judge did allow them to be named at the time.
              What is the point of jail in this society though?

Is it just:
              1. Punishment, or
              2. Punishment and rehabilitation.

If it's 2 then saying two ten year olds cannot be rehabilitated means that we should give up on adults who go to prison regardless of their crime.

It also doesn't explain why some of the money in the criminal justice system is spent on things like keeping kids out of prison in the first place, education for prisoners and the probation service.

Other EU countries have children doing terrible things as well however I know in Scandinavian countries their criminal justice system particularly for children is based on rehabilitation.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                What is the point of jail in this society though?

Is it just:
                1. Punishment, or
                2. Punishment and rehabilitation.

If it's 2 then saying two ten year olds cannot be rehabilitated means that we should give up on adults who go to prison regardless of their crime.

It also doesn't explain why some of the money in the criminal justice system is spent on things like keeping kids out of prison in the first place, education for prisoners and the probation service.

Other EU countries have children doing terrible things as well however I know in Scandinavian countries their criminal justice system particularly for children is based on rehabilitation.
                I went to prison once, had a nice time playing in the prison cricket team, there was quite an active league in the area and we would play away on Sundays and had some lovely teas, the other sides always made us feel welcome. Very good sports facilities there too.

On the subject of JB's Mother, my feelings do go out to her and any other parents who has lost a child to a murderer but possibly for their own health they should try to find understanding and forgiveness in thier heart.

The two killers had a horrible upbringing.

Funny how you need a licence to drive a car but anyone can bring up the next generation.
                Tyrell: "More human than human" is our motto.

Comment

Working...
                X